The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Big Sur Beta

scho

I just upgraded my desktop computer, Mac Mini (2014) to the Big Sur Beta today. No issues so far, but will post here if anything pops up. A relief to be done with the previous buggy OS and hope that Big Sur is better. Please post any issues here.

darr

Thank you Carl for your update.

My late 2015 5k iMac 27" is not updating correctly. It restarts to upgrade, but then says I need to upgrade after rebooting. I have done the update cycle numerous times with no remedy yet. Something is obviously getting in the way. Hopefully someone else can report a workaround for this.

Kind regards,
Darr

scho

Thank you Carl for your update.

My late 2015 5k iMac 27" is not updating correctly. It restarts to upgrade, but then says I need to upgrade after rebooting. I have done the update cycle numerous times with no remedy yet. Something is obviously getting in the way. Hopefully someone else can report a workaround for this.

Kind regards,
Darr
Hi Darr,

Sorry to hear about your update problems. It took about 2 hours for my update with at least 2 reboots (automatic) during the process, but I did not monitor the update very closely and it eventually finished OK without any intervention on my part. Hope that you can get yours completed without further incidents.

Best,
Carl