The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 for iPad announces tethering for all currently supported cameras (EXCEPT PHASE ONE)

KC_2020

Maybe all the feature requests for things like iPad tethering support, BOB release triggering FA and DE+ shots, focus mask, and zero latency mode brought their webserver down?
How hard it is to create a single page noting that their site is temporarily unavailable ?

I could give you one in about 10 minutes.

Very unprofessional.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
The information that I received was that they were migrating to a new server and they ran into some unexpected issues.
I agree they should have had a single page displayed informing people of why their site is down.

Lance

The new second gen lenses are: 35, 45, 80 MKII, 150 2.8
I don't think the 150 2.8 BR is a new design. The basic lens design matches the Mamiya Sekor 2.8/150 IF which was introduced around 2008. They had to make the BR much bigger in order to fit the leaf shutter. The larger lens body would allow for better internal flare control which can be a substantial factor in wide open performance. They could have used more advanced coatings on the BR version and tightened the production tolerances. I haven't got any inside information on the actual differences. I'm just pointing out some options they could have employed to improve the lens over its predecessor without changing the basic lens design.

I posted the datasheets in this thread:

Paul2660

Strange behavior on the P1 website for sure. Briefly it was up, however with a strange html address, but I could access it. Now 2 hours later appears to be down again.

Paul

Paul Spinnler

I don't think the 150 2.8 BR is a new design. The basic lens design matches the Mamiya Sekor 2.8/150 IF which was introduced around 2008. They had to make the BR much bigger in order to fit the leaf shutter. The larger lens body would allow for better internal flare control which can be a substantial factor in wide open performance. They could have used more advanced coatings on the BR version and tightened the production tolerances. I haven't got any inside information on the actual differences. I'm just pointing out some options they could have employed to improve the lens over its predecessor without changing the basic lens design.

I posted the datasheets in this thread:
Oh - now I remember that thread - I remembered this was at one point introduced and people saying it was incredibly sharp, etc. and I thought there was even a blog post by one of the dealers around the 150 2.8 saying it is fantastic, etc. which is why I had stored it in memory under new design. But I don't know how it relates to the Sekor version you mentioned

buildbot

Oh - now I remember that thread - I remembered this was at one point introduced and people saying it was incredibly sharp, etc. and I thought there was even a blog post by one of the dealers around the 150 2.8 saying it is fantastic, etc. which is why I had stored it in memory under new design. But I don't know how it relates to the Sekor version you mentioned
Looking at lens DB, they have nearly the same optical construction:
older Sekkor:
6649DC16-D71C-4661-9885-AF20CA9F732C.jpeg
Blue Ring:B51AB01E-E4CB-4F95-99E2-BA3CFFB00C8E.jpeg

tcdeveau

"bespoke" is the new buzzword with many companies, you see it all the time in advertising now.

Paul
Yeah I'm sure P1 is just doing it because others are doing it. I guess the phrases "tailor made" and "custom made" got beaten to death so may as well find another work for the same thing.

Whenever I see the term, I equate the message with "pretentious nonsense".....we're also talking about cameras here, we're not talking about a custom fitting suit or an individually spec'd Ferrari here, or even an a la carte Leica that would be more fitting of the term "bespoke" - my IQ4 Achromatic is the same as the others out there.

At least let me switch out the C1 graphic at boot with my own and let me input my own metadata via the back if they're going to call it that or infer that is the experience they are after.

Steve Hendrix

@Steve Hendrix Any insight on why the Phase main site has been down since late last week?

Nothing more specific beyond anything that has already been said. I'm sure it will all be ok soon.

As far as Bespoke, I don't know if they'll change that term, internally, we use it to identify a backordered product that has arrived and is not available to anyone else, as in bespoke for so and so. :rolleyes:

Steve Hendrix/CI

BFD

The information that I received was that they were migrating to a new server and they ran into some unexpected issues.
I agree they should have had a single page displayed informing people of why their site is down.

Lance
I find it funny how everyone here is surprised that something that is code related by Phase One is not working.