The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can you wirelessly trigger IQ4

med

I tried with the Sony TTL Air Remote, the Air USB and my Sekonic 758, which has a Profoto Air module and none of them triggered the XF.
This is semi-OT, but where did you acquire a Profoto Air module for your Sekonic 758? I would love to acquire one. A quick Google search led me to “fotoflits” in Europe

Shaun, if you find a solution I would love to hear about it!
There must be a way to use the TTL triggers... after all, they can trigger my “dumb” AcuteB Air-S units. I have both Nikon and Fuji TTL units so I’ll see if I can get one or both of them to trigger my XF.

Mexecutioner

This is semi-OT, but where did you acquire a Profoto Air module for your Sekonic 758? I would love to acquire one. A quick Google search led me to “fotoflits” in Europe
Hello, yes, Fotoflits is the place I got mine from. Works great!

• Thanks
Reactions: med

earburner

I have one for my L-758 it has been great... my L-758 is dying and i have a L-858 and Trigger wizard are about to release one for it (y):cool:

med

There must be a way to use the TTL triggers... after all, they can trigger my “dumb” AcuteB Air-S units. I have both Nikon and Fuji TTL units so I’ll see if I can get one or both of them to trigger my XF.
Unfortunately I was unable to trigger my XF with my Nikon or Fuji TTL triggers, which is very odd. While testing I put an AcuteB unit on the same channel and it fired without issue, as did my basic Air Remote in “receive” mode. There must be some difference in the protocol that is not compatible with the transceiver in the XF. Perhaps we should file a bug with Phase One and hope this gets addressed in a future firmware update.

What would probably work if you could buy or make the cable, would be to connect the 1/8” sync output of the basic Air Remote to the 12-pin cable release input on the XF.

Awesome, thank you both! Will order one.

I have one for my L-758 it has been great... my L-758 is dying and i have a L-858 and Trigger wizard are about to release one for it (y):cool:
Awesome, thank you both! Will order one.