The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon iPF printers and Big Sur

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I made the mistake of upgrading to Big Sur. It appears the at my iPF6100 will not work and Canon does not have any updated drivers for it. (In fact not even for Catalina) Anybody have any suggestions?

stevenfr

My 8400 works with Catalina. Have you called the Canon Canada and chatted with the tech staff?

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

So I called Canon. Because the 6100 is "old" technology, Canon will not be providing new drivers. Rather annoying, but the printer is 14 years old and it's time to upgrade. I'm donating the 6100 to our local community centre where they're using Windows and can run it.

It is a very reliable printer. I replaced both heads about 3-4 years ago. I shall buy another Canon.

raminolta

There is currently a $600 rebate on Canon Pro-2100 though the sale may not appear in all retailers' site. My local dealer in Montreal didn't know about it but upon my request they checked with Canon and I was able to place my order at the reduced price.

Last edited:
My 8300 is also no longer supported by Canon. The Printer is still supported by the DINAX Mirage Software and works fine. Also the price is - from my view - acceptable