The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon R lens Prices

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Maybe I am following a phony link ....however the prices for preordering the new Canon R lenses on amazon seem premium .They have listed the 50/1.2 at $3800 and the 24-70 /2 at $4700 . These look like terrific L lenses but they are both huge and expensive .

The 30MP sensor makes a lot of sense for Canon as its an excellent solution with superior skin tones,color saturation and enough MP for most FF applications . Its easy to compare the specifications of the various mirrorless alternatives but a lot more difficult to evaluate the files . Don t see how a wedding or event photographer could go wrong with Canon . Having viewed thousands of files taken by my daughter on her 5ds R ..for people shooting the Canon sensor is terrific .

Its not for me as I shoot different subjects but I can appreciate Canon serving their base of customers .

Oren Grad

The list prices announced by Canon for the new RF lenses are:

50/1.2: $2299
28-70/2: $2999
24-105/4: $1099
35/1.8: $499.99

Those Amazon listings for the new RF lenses are bizarre. I don't know what's going on, as other vendors seem to be honoring the "rule" that preorders don't start until Sept 12.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
The list prices announced by Canon for the new RF lenses are:

50/1.2: $2299
28-70/2: $2999
24-105/4: $1099
35/1.8: $499.99

Those Amazon listings for the new RF lenses are bizarre. I don't know what's going on, as other vendors seem to be honoring the "rule" that preorders don't start until Sept 12.
Thanks .....Those lens prices make a lot more sense .