The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cant Find L Bracket for S 007 FOUND ONE

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
If you can't find an old RRS bracket, the Arca-Swiss is really a surprisingly solid alternative. I was dubious, but got one for a Hassy X1D that I didn't intend to live as my main camera, so didn't want a dedicated RRS plate for it. Now I think that I won't bother to get any more RRS L-brackets, since the Arca-Swiss one works so well. Here it is very extended to handle vertical tethering. It's quickly adjustable (without tools) into a more compact arrangement. And it has a QD socket, which the newer RRS plates have, but the older S plate doesn't.
2022-11-19 20.42.31.jpeg

Last edited:

rollsman44

If you can't find an old RRS bracket, the Arca-Swiss is really a surprisingly solid alternative. I was dubious, but got one for a Hassy X1D that I didn't intend to live as my main camera, so didn't want a dedicated RRS plate for it. Now I think that I won't bother to get any more RRS L-brackets, since the Arca-Swiss one works so well. Here it is very extended to handle vertical tethering. It's quickly adjustable (without tiools) into a more compact arrangement. And it has a QD socket, which the newer RRS plates have, but the older S plate doesn't.
View attachment 198640
Hi Matt, which model is this? I see one for sale for 229.00 but it looks different( Maybe because yours is extended) Please let me know Thanks Dennis

rollsman44

If you can't find an old RRS bracket, the Arca-Swiss is really a surprisingly solid alternative. I was dubious, but got one for a Hassy X1D that I didn't intend to live as my main camera, so didn't want a dedicated RRS plate for it. Now I think that I won't bother to get any more RRS L-brackets, since the Arca-Swiss one works so well. Here it is very extended to handle vertical tethering. It's quickly adjustable (without tools) into a more compact arrangement. And it has a QD socket, which the newer RRS plates have, but the older S plate doesn't.
View attachment 198640
Hi Matt, just received the Arca swiss L Bracket for my S007. WOW Thats some Bracket. TY Dennis

MGrayson

Hi Matt, just received the Arca swiss L Bracket for my S007. WOW Thats some Bracket. TY Dennis
Make sure to use the large registration pin. The o-ring goes inside the hole in the bracket to hold it in place and it prevents catastrophic tilting in the vertical orientation. I missed this, but fortunately never needed it.

One question Matt: is the hole next to the connection screw to the camera threaded (1/4 or 3/8), so I could use the screw of a BlackRapid on it? In total there are 3 holes, I am talking about the middle hole.

robmac

The hole adjacent to the attachment bolt is threaded for 3/8-16.
The outermost hole is smooth on the inside and only goes partially thru the plate. Looks more like a weightsaver. At least on the model I have. Great brackets.

MGrayson

The hole adjacent to the attachment bolt is threaded for 3/8-16.
The outermost hole is smooth on the inside and only goes partially thru the plate. Looks more like a weightsaver. At least on the model I have. Great brackets.
That third hole might be a QD connector. I don't have one handy to check.
Nope. It's not a QD. I just tried it. As you said, it's just smooth.

Last edited:

robmac

LOL. You got my attention with your original 'QD" post - "How'd I miss that?." Went to check. Nope. It easily could have been made one, but sadly...
I sometimes use the bolt-on PMG QD sockets or one of their clamps (with arca grooves on the bottom), that has a QD pre-installed.

Awesome L-brackets