The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One and panoramic stitching

f6cvalkyrie

Hi !

Afaik, C1 does not come with integrated stitching of panoramas ... and I like to shoot panoramas with my µ4/3 gear ...
So far, I used LR 6.14 for processing my panos shot with my Mk1 E-M1, but recently I purchased a E-M1X and LR 6.14 does not process this files ...

So my question to C1 users : what's your workflow for stitching panorama now ???

TIA, and stay safe,
Rafael

pegelli

You can convert the files of the new (unsupported) camera to DNG with the latest Adobe DNG converter.
Then LR 6.14 will read these DNG's and you can stitch just like the files from your older camera (and use all other LR settings/tools as well).

f6cvalkyrie

You can convert the files of the new (unsupported) camera to DNG with the latest Adobe DNG converter.
Then LR 6.14 will read these DNG's and you can stitch just like the files from your older camera (and use all other LR settings/tools as well).
Unfortunately, the DNG converter seems to be not compatible with the files from the E-M1X too ... all files on the memory card are greyed out ...
I have successfully converted the .ORF files to .dng with C1 though ... so this looks like a viable solution ...

C U
Rafael

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Process singles in C1, send them to PS mostly --but sometimes AutoPanoGiga if PS gets confused-- for stitching.

Don Libby

I always open files in C1 first before ending over to PS. Just make certain the files are processed using the same formula. Send files to PS and let it stitch. I've done this with anywhere between 2 and 9 files (2x2 and 3 rows of 3).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Understood, but 1) I still have it on my computer, 2) it still works and 3) sometimes it does a better job than PS auto-stitch and 4) it allows for mask tweaks.

:)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
DT BatchStitch (free/open-source) can help with this in the case you are stitching many such images. The forum rules forbid me from posting a link, so you'll have to google it.