The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFVii50c strange artefacts and pattern

usm

I did some test shots with my CFVii50c with a Schneider lens. I used the electronic shutter (2sec and 4sec on the LCC).
Did you ever see something like this?
pattern.jpegLCC.jpeg

Paul Spinnler

This is the tiling of your sensor as it is effectively made up of multiple sensor pieces - at least that's my understanding. The Schneider lens has too steep of an entry angle for your sensor. But the camera is ok otherwise. I get the same if I shift the SK 43 XL too much on the 150 P1 sensor.

Reactions: med

JeRuFo

Doesn't have to be four necessarily. Making big custom sensors out of 1 piece is risky and more expensive to develop. You make a building block and try to use it as often as possible for as many products as possible.

docholliday

The only real single pane sensors are the scientific grade sensors...they may grow dozens of wafers to get one sensor that is perfect. That's why an 8mp sensor for things like satellites and probes costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. They have no defects, are always single pane, and usually are absolutely flat to the micron.

drevil

Staff member
So not only CCD sensors, but also most recent CMOS sensors are made of four tiles?
I also thought it was dalsa who made this solely, but there was also some "uproar" as the leica m10 mono showed something like this too, probably a 2 tile chip

usm

Slowly I am loosing the benefits of middle format....
Really bad that I sold all my easy to use solid and made out of ONE piece Leica gear.

drevil

Staff member
Slowly I am loosing the benefits of middle format....
Really bad that I sold all my easy to use solid and made out of ONE piece Leica gear.
you can send in the back and phase should take care of the realignment, or give you another back in similar condition

usm

Well, I can see it on 10mm shift but phocus can correct it. I did no 15mm shift tests. An I have the impression that a longer exposed LCC is better to correct this. But sadly, I think at 20mm it is not correct able.

I have files from a Credo 50 with the same lens. It is also there but much less. When compressing the histogram of the LCC I can see the tiles.

dchew

For what its worth, I have the same problem in large movements with my IQ4 150 and the 35xl.

Dave

usm

I tried the CFVii50c files in C1 - there's no different, same tiling.

What I found out is that it changes when rotating the back. There is no tiling viewable when rotating the back to the right side which is a left shift.
Also the the LCC is lighter then the others.

I started with a 20mm rise, than 10mm rise in landscape orientation. Then turned the back counter clockwise and again, first 20mm, second 10mm. And so on...

In the next post I will show the corrected LCCs.
SK35XL 210413 007 f11_x0y20 LCC.jpgSK35XL 210413 009 f11_x0y10 LCC.jpgSK35XL 210413 011 f11_x20y0 LCC.jpgSK35XL 210413 013 f11_x10y0 LCC.jpgSK35XL 210413 016 f11_x0y-20 LCC.jpgSK35XL 210413 018 f11_x0y-10 LCC.jpgSK35XL 210413 020 f11_x-20y0 LCC.jpgSK35XL 210413 022 f11_x-10y0 LCC.jpg