The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Extensis Portfolio 5

mikejmcfarlane

A friend of mine is working on a community photography project and has been given a database of historic images in Extensis Portfolio 5 format. Quite old!
He reached out to Extensis for help and they said it’s out of support.
Any suggestions? Anyone with an old copy they might sell,

MartinN

’Out of support’ statements are so devastating. I experinced that with a Leaf Aptus 22 and the company Phase One. To be covered, I save all old laptops and their software, and never upgrade OS X. In my opinion, Extensis should show goodwill and help with their old contraption.

mikejmcfarlane

Agreed, I hoped they would help him. It’s strikes me as a little odd that companies who make database and asset management software can get away with deliberately end of lifeing the data/assets, rather than having some responsibility towards long term storage/recoverability. But upgrade is their business model so I guess it’s our problem, and have to do things like you do hanging onto things forever and hope they work when we need them.