The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First GFX100s lockup

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Shooting tonight using my GX100s and 250 + TC combo. I was using 10s delay on shutter, OIS off on lens, all on big tripod. For about 45 minutes everything was fine but then the delayed shutter didn't fire. I powered off, the screen and camera looked as if they were all on still including LCD but I couldn't change anything. The LED under the Q button continued to flash but no delayed capture.

I removed the battery to reset the camera. I had the same experience. I removed the battery and the lens. then reassembled and everything was working fine again.

Anyone else run into this?

Last edited:

Knorp

knock on wood - same combo, tripod, 2s delay, but no lockups or any other quirks as of yet.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It only seemed to happen with the 10s delay. 2s delay or normal shooting was fine. We'll see if it happens again tonight or not.

Knorp

Tried 10s delay a couple of times, but mine can count to 10. No hiccups. Using Sony Tough 128GB card ... ;)

Knorp

😱 OMG - while you can cancel your order !
Or stop reading those horror stories …

algrove

I will end up living with in until there is a FW upgrade to fix strange issues. All in all a stellar camera.

orftoden

So I went to use my new camera this morning and in the process of normal shooting, I have encountered the same issue. I’ve tried pulling everything apart and reassembling the lens, card and battery. The shutter clearly seems jammed in the closed position. The camera appears to try and fix the problem, but after a few clicking sounds, it gives me the turn off and on again message. Of course this does no good. Anyone else find a fix? I wasn’t using the ten second delay, just the regular shooting mode.

Knorp

Mmm, not exactly the same issue as reported by the OP. Your 'bad luck' seems to have a more permanent nature. It's said that it might be a loose cable inside the camera. Better call your dealer or Fujifilm.