The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First leaked picture of X2D

buildbot

Very exciting!
It looks thicker, I wonder if that’s due to stabilization or a larger sensor??

bab

LCD’s on top need to swivel, have big size fonts and be easily read in daylight.
Hasselblad needs to include an AI controller that can image stack, bracket, AF using a smartphone.
a bigger 75 mp sensor would be better.

jduncan

I will recommend not taking the image at face value. It could be a new camera, or a fake image.

We have to keep in mind that there is zero evidence of any kind of investment by Hasselblad since the beginning of the pandemic.

Also I don't know that Sony is working in new MF sensors so maybe DJI / Hasselblad are correct that it's the end of the road.

The H and the X are using ancient sensors (they are good ones) so one could simply from ancient technology to pretty old.

If it's real, it seems. that the LCD in the back can pivot, but if that is the case it will be even more "funny" to remove the dial.

Let see how it goes.

Best regards,

buildbot

I will recommend not taking the image at face value. It could be a new camera, or a fake image.

We have to keep in mind that there is zero evidence of any kind of investment by Hasselblad since the beginning of the pandemic.

Also I don't know that Sony is working in new MF sensors so maybe DJI / Hasselblad are correct that it's the end of the road.

The H and the X are using ancient sensors (they are good ones) so one could simply from ancient technology to pretty old.

If it's real, it seems. that the LCD in the back can pivot, but if that is the case it will be even more "funny" to remove the dial.

Let see how it goes.

Best regards,
They actually have some new ones, including one with a global shutter - see this phase camera: https://geospatial.phaseone.com/cameras/ixm-gs120/
44x33mm global shutter and 120MP - might be the IMX661

diggles

I sure hope it's real and the 100c means a 100mp BSI sensor. Global shutter would be amazing, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high :cool:

Reactions: med

drevil

Staff member
I sure hope it's real and the 100c means a 100mp BSI sensor. Global shutter would be amazing, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high :cool:
the only global shutter medium format sensor is one from sony with 128mp, which is slightly bigger than the 44x33mm, so very unlikely this will arrive in a "consumer" camera very soon

Last edited:

fjablo

It's a horrible, low-res shot of something that's been butchered even more. There's some stamping on the right side of the hotshoe that looks like it reads "X2D 100C".
Would be interesting if they released an X2D 100c and a X2D 50c. However not sure how the latter would differentiate from the X1D II 50c...