The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Forum Software Upgrade

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
A suggestion: make the unread threads not just bold (as currently), but maybe with a slight color tint (or other embelishment) to make them easier to see, especially in dark mode. The bold is great, but the font is sometimes hard to differentiate the actual "new, unread" messages from others based on font-weight.
Thank you for your great suggestion. We are still fine-tuning colours and shading.

pegelli

A suggestion: make the unread threads not just bold (as currently), but maybe with a slight color tint (or other embelishment) to make them easier to see, especially in dark mode. The bold is great, but the font is sometimes hard to differentiate the actual "new, unread" messages from others based on font-weight.
Building on this idea, maybe you can also show the thread the post is in the same size/font as the post title. On the old forum it was much easier to see the thread than it is now.

SimonW

Administrator
Staff member
A minor bug: The reply button that gives you the option to include quotations from more than one post to which you might want to reply seems to either not work at all or needs to be used differently from just clicking it on every post you want to include a quotation from. No matter how I've tried to use it so far, I only get the quotation from the message that I click the reply button on.

G
Working fine for me. As shown by this post here

Please let us look into it.

SimonW

Administrator
Staff member
Is it possible to set the dark theme as default and light as alternative. Every time I open gdpi I have to push moon icon to get dark site. And I do!
The problem is if we do that then we are going to have others who want it the other way. If you are logged in it should remember what one you last used.

SimonW

Administrator
Staff member
Is that any better? On the dark style I've made the read links a white that's got a bit of a grey tint. It's should be subtle enough that its not too glaring but differentiates a bit better

Godfrey

Working fine for me. As shown by this post here
Sorry, but it doesn't work at all for me, no matter what I do, in either Safari on macOS (latest) or Safari on iPadOS (latest).
And no, I'm not going to change browsers to suit one forum's software quirks. ;)

What OS and what browser are you using that it does work?

G

Godfrey

The problem is if we do that then we are going to have others who want it the other way. If you are logged in it should remember what one you last used.
Yes ... I never log out, I just close the page, and when I return to GetDPI the display setting I last elected is used automatically.

G

SimonW

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, but it doesn't work at all for me, no matter what I do, in either Safari on macOS (latest) or Safari on iPadOS (latest).
And no, I'm not going to change browsers to suit one forum's software quirks. ;)

What OS and what browser are you using that it does work?

G
Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera on Windows
Safari, Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Brave on Max
Safari on iOS/IpadOS
Chrome on Android

Godfrey

Safari on iOS/IpadOS
Chrome on Android
All I can say is that it doesn't work at all on my system (iPad Pro 11" running latest iPadOS 13.7, Mac mini six-core/1T/3.x GHz running latest macOS Catalina). I click the Quote + button on two or most posts, then click the Reply button, and only the material in the post that I clicked the Reply button is quoted. Is there some other procedure that I should be using to use this functionality?

G

Godfrey

All I can say is that it doesn't work at all on my system (iPad Pro 11" running latest iPadOS 13.7, Mac mini six-core/1T/3.x GHz running latest macOS Catalina). I click the Quote + button on two or most posts, then click the Reply button, and only the material in the post that I clicked the Reply button is quoted. Is there some other procedure that I should be using to use this functionality?

G
Yes ... I never log out, I just close the page, and when I return to GetDPI the display setting I last elected is used automatically.

G
Safari on iOS/IpadOS
Chrome on Android

G
AH, I see that when I tap the Reply button there is another button that says "insert quotes". If I tap that, it inserts all the posts that I typed the "+ Quote" buttons on, as above. That was not at all clear to me when I was trying to use this function and is a change from the previous version of the software ... I thought that button let me quote a section of the text by inserting the {QUOTE} .. {/QUOTE} BBCode markers around the selected section.

This functionality should be made clearer. :D

G

raist3d

Feedback - please bring back darker color for background. Having bright white is not so nice with photographs. And if there's a way to change that for my account a-la dpreview, please point to me to the page to RTFM :)

thanks

- Ricardo

TimoK

It depends. My security settings in the browser are quite tight. So it clears all cookies when closing. And yes, it should not remember what I did last time. It's my privacy and maybe I have to live with it.

TimoK

I posted couple of photos to the new forum. I selected full format to appearance, yesterday it worked but now those are seen as previews. A bug?
Edit. Now it works again. Sorry for wrong alert

Last edited:

schuster

That should now be fixed

You can't do it by default with Xenforo. In a thread its always oldest first. There is a $20 mod that allows for admins to select which threads display newest to oldest but that means everyone has to view it like that.

It's also possible something bespoke could be coded but unless there is a massive demand I'm not sure the cost for the benefit would be worth it
I'd be happy to pitch-in for making that option available. A years-old post at the top is "interesting," but it's a major pain to have to scroll down through pages and pages of past years to find the most current post.