The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Forum Software Upgrade

SimonW

Administrator
Staff member
Under the media tab
Actually ignore that I've change the Nav tab text to gallery

When we have the actual skins applied there are some places we can look at placing previews for the latest images or similar to draw more attention to it

jng

LOL, "go to next thread" is the easiest way to scroll through my unread threads!

I think it would be fine to give users the ability to sort the posts in chronological or reverse-chronological order, but if there's a choice between one or the other, I would strongly favor the former. Since the site takes me to the next unread message in the thread when I click on the link, finding the most recent posts is a non-issue for me. But then again it appears that my web-surfing habits may not be representative...🤪

You are like the first person I've ever seen admitting to use that feature (or even being aware of it lol)

I've had a quick look around and there is this plugin that restores but in a slightly different way

So it's certainly possible to add something similar to the old functionally. Not sure how complex it would be to add it myself, it may be cheaper to buy the plugin than paying for the time for me to code a custom version. if its something lost of people use it may be worth @olafphoto considering

Abstraction

Try unwatching the threads and then rewatch them.
Thanks. That works now, but the threads don't disappear from the notifications once I've read them, nor do they change color, so I have no way of knowing which threads I've read and which ones I haven't.

SimonW

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick guide on the styles.

It will default to 'day mode' which looks like
1599688554170.png

If you click the moon icon it will switch it to Night/Dark Mode which looks like

1599688631999.png

Clicking the lightbulb takes you back

Next to the Day/Night switcher is the customise button. Clicking this will bring up the following options

1599688722294.png

So a quick guide on what these options do

Fluid Width will see it go from
1599688784774.png

to

1599688804317.png

So it just takes up almost all your screen no matter the size of the sceen.

Grid Layout sees the list of forums go from

1599688925157.png

to

1599688946303.png

Sticky Side bar Just sees the sidebar not move until you get near the end of the page. Turning it off sees the sidebar move as you scroll the page down

Flip Sidebar just moves the sidebar from being on the left like this

1599689078787.png

to the right like this

1599689101302.png

Think thats about all you need to know

glennedens

This is a lot of work, congratulations for the progress so far! In addition to the dark theme is there any chance to get a compact form, web sites that have this much white space (or dark space) versus content is just so 2015 and not pleasant to read through - the new format is very time consuming to get though compared to the previous more compact form - all this scrolling is not good design :). Kind regards, Glenn

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
This is a lot of work, congratulations for the progress so far! In addition to the dark theme is there any chance to get a compact form, web sites that have this much white space (or dark space) versus content is just so 2015 and not pleasant to read through - the new format is very time consuming to get though compared to the previous more compact form - all this scrolling is not good design :). Kind regards, Glenn
Thank you for your feedback. What do you mean by "compact form"? The form hasn't changed much. Also, please keep in mind that we will be introducing some minor changes as we go. We just completed the first phase of our migration.

dj may

Thank you for your feedback. What do you mean by "compact form"? The form hasn't changed much. Also, please keep in mind that we will be introducing some minor changes as we go. We just completed the first phase of our migration.
Moon mode is good

dave.gt

(y)Ditto on the Moon mode! I try to spend a few minutes on the forum in between everything going on here, and I very much prefer the dark mode! Thank you so much!

darr

Thanks for toning down the brightness of the orange, as it is much better on my eyes.
Moon mode is perfect. (y)

Thorkil

and allow me to post my question from the "Fun with Fuji-X..." :
"
PS. How come one can only post a picture below 1Mb?, as my above
And how come the picture before I log in is just very tiny?
While others are big as they remain, before and after I log in.
Best Thorkil "