The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Phase One gear - ALL SOLD!

vieri

So I am taking the final step towards consolidating my gear on the Arca-Swiss Rm3di platform, and I am selling my Phase One XT gear.

- Phase One XT - Rodenstock HR 23mm, perfect conditions, very few actuations: 7.500 euro - SOLD!
- Phase One XT - Rodenstock HR 32mm, perfect conditions, very few actuations, original box: 8.000 euro - SOLD!
- Phase One XT - Rodenstock HR 50mm, perfect conditions, very few actuations, original box: 8.000 euro - SOLD!
- Phase One XT - Rodenstock HR 90mm, perfect conditions, very few actuations, original box: 8.500 euro - SOLD, PENDING FUNDS!

- Phase One XT, perfect conditions, recently serviced, original box: 4.000 euro - SOLD!

Prices include VAT and are invoiced by my business. For EU customers, if you have a VAT number please let me know before I invoice you. Shipping NOT included, I'll be happy to calculate it for you according to your destination and the number of items / bulk / etc.

For reviews of the lenses sold here and XT camera, see my blog: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/blog

If you need more images and info about camera and / or lenses, feel free to ask.

Attachments

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

Definitely the big weak point of the system on top of the limited shift; I really wished they followed through with the initial idea - at least this is what came through via the marketing - to provide for auto LCC via C1 for the XT lenses. Difficult to justify the premium just because of a lack of cable ... although it is nice to be able to correct the 32HR distortion with one click ... should give them pause to think if their own ambassador jumps ship though.

In the end the proof lies in the pudding and a full-blown system exit like this is a clear signal with the lack of tilt being a problem for a system positioned at the very, very top of the hill.

Irony would be complete if Paul Reiffer moves to Alpa too because of the lack of tilt.

I hear P1 is also sabotaging the replacement of the 23HR (there's a new design drawn up) because they don't see the market atm.

They should just allow Cambo to add the 40HR tilt mount to all lenses ...

vieri

Correct, as Jeff said, built-in Tilt for all lenses would be the main reason for the switch. However, to answer to Paul, I don't think that the lack of tilt on the XT is a problem for everyone, universally; for me and the kind of work I do, I thought I could live without it, but it turned out I am much happier working with the Rm3di. I still love the XT to bits, I think it's genius and I recommend it to everyone I believe might enjoy working with it; I still love and use my two Phase One IQ4 digital backs, and I am adding a XF with a 120 macro for other kind of work, so the love is still there :)

Mexecutioner

Hi Vieri, I am not sure the messaging system is working, so just in case I am going to post a message here.

I'd like to buy your XT, please send me your PayPal information including shipping costs to zip code 90038. Thanks.

vieri

The Phase One XT - Rodenstock 32mm is now SOLD!

23mm, 50mm and 90mm are still available.

JamesJetel

if I had caught this earlier into your sale, we might have had an interesting kit swap. I’ve got a pretty fleshed out Rm3di setup.

vieri

if I had caught this earlier into your sale, we might have had an interesting kit swap. I’ve got a pretty fleshed out Rm3di setup.
That would have been great! Let me know if still interested in grabbing some of the lenses!

Best regards,

Vieri

vieri

The 23mm Rodenstock HR has now been SOLD! The 50mm Rodie and 90mm Rodie are still available.

Enjoy your Sunday! Best regards,

Vieri

cunim

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have never used one of these XT lenses. I'm on Rollei shutters and considering replacement as the inevitable failure is nonrecoverable. Can the XT lens be converted to R-mount? I suspect not, or you would simply do that.

I use mainly the monolith these days, but the Rm3Di occasionally. Great thing is I can move the R mount lenses onto the Monolith with a simple adapter board. For me, this flexibility is the major advantage of the Arca system and I would consider your 90 if it could be remounted in R. Sure would be great to run that lens on the view camera, from the IQ4 back/C1.

Peter