The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Eli Quadra Hybrid Pack, 2 A Heads Modified for Profoto, Head Cable, 2 Hive Lighting (Profoto) Yokes

robmac

1. Quadra Action Flash Heads (or Tubes) x2
Tubes look great, no scorching, etc. Look virtually new. No boxes. The modified heads they are photographed in are free if desired (see notes below) for an extra $20 to cover increased shipping costs.
Tubes only: US$95 per tube shipped by Canada Post, probably using their fast, but untracked, Small Packet Service.
Heads+Tubes: US$115 shipped by Canada Post.
Payment by PP or EMT

2. Quadra Hybrid Pack w/SLA Battery
Works fine, no issues at all. SLA battery good. Just some modest signs of use, old gaffer residue, etc. Will not sell before heads sell.
US$350 plus shipping at actual based on Canada Post online estimate. Payment by EMT or PP.

3. Quadra Pack w/Both Heads + Cable
Includes pack, SLA battery, Both heads with tubes, and as a bonus will include 1 extension cable needed to connect 1 head to pack (see below) and a Eli Skyport Speed Trx w/battery.
US$525 plus shipping at actual based on Canada Post online estimate. Payment by EMT or PP.

4. Hive Lighting Yokes (aka Profoto Yokes) x2
Strong brackets that also make brilliant and VERY strong brackets for Profoto heads or mods as Hive uses the Profoto mount. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...ve_c_paym_portable_style_adjustable_yoke.html. VERY secure aluminium units, strong as hell, light and compact. No boxes. some small signs of use.
US$105 each w/shipped by Canada Post untracked small packet air. Payment by EFT or PP. If want the yoke(s) with the kit, drop me a line.

Now for the interesting stuff & pics

Quadra A Tubes

The safest way to photograph the tubes w/o handling them directly was with still inserted in the Quadra A Heads I (very) permanently modified to be used w/Profoto mods.
The Profoto 'collars' fit Profoto mount and the light can still mount (as shown) Quadra mods (or Eli ones with the Eli-Quadra adapter - have one for sale). The useless "Has it cracked yet?" Quadra umbrella holders have been removed and aren't coming back. The head attaches via a straight female plug (not 90 a deg) using an Eli Quadra extension cable due to the depth, and for some reason I can't recall, there's a female 1/4-20 receptor (red doodad) epoxied to the rear.

Hive Brackets
The two Hive brackets are in great shape and lock on stands and Hive/Profoto heads like a politician on a bribe.
I've added two DIY umbrella holders. The holder cannot rotate, has a captive screw lock for the shaft and involved no drilling into the Hive unit as the two 'tabs' on either side of the yokes have 1/4" holes in them from the factory for bolt-on goodies.

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A LOW-COST FLASH KIT WITH VERY FAST FLASH DURATIONS ACROSS ITS ENTIRE POWER RANGE THAN CAN USE PROFOTO, QUADRA OR ELINCHROM MODS, THIS IS YOUR TICKET (WITH THE OPTIONAL PACK). I'm keeping a matching pack and head pair as a backup for use with our Hasselblad (fast flash duration)

Attachments

Last edited: