The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

sidmuer

Box opened to make sure contents are there.

However, camera has never been taken out of it's plastic packaging. So it is like new in box.

I am in Canada, but if I sell to a USA member, I can ship it from WITHIN USA, so duties and taxes will not be an issue for you.
It would be shipped from Niagara Falls, NY zip: 14303 if sold to a USA member.

Also, a sale in Canada would be fine.

I can personally deliver this from Toronto, ON to Niagara Falls, NY area, and anywhere in-between.

My cost was $1921 after taxes.

I am selling it for cost. I will cover shipping.
Any paypal fees you must pay, or cash in person.

If it is an in person meet, I will let it go for an even $1900

I have excellent (100%) feedback here, and on FM, and on ebay.

Last edited:

CVickery

Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 bnib

There should be no taxes or duties shipping from Canada to the US so the only thing you gain shipping from within the US is time...delivery would be faster. Nice camera BTW.

sidmuer

There should be no taxes or duties shipping from Canada to the US so the only thing you gain shipping from within the US is time...delivery would be faster. Nice camera BTW.
You are right.
It is duty free for cameras and lenses.

However, I don't think it's tax free. So if I shipped it from Canada and declared the full value ( which I'd like to do since I'd ship this insured considering what it is ) there would still be the local state taxes added on.

Correct me if I am wrong. I am going off common sense. Too lazy to google! :)

Looks awesome. A little too pricey for me, and my x100 does it for me right now.

Also, I can include a 35mm 1.4 lens, or all 3, or any of the fuji lenses if you need one at cost too. I would just go buy it locally and ship it with the cam :)

Terry

I've edited this post. Please review buy/sell rules. Only dealers can list something as brand new in box. Dealers can't sell on this part of the forum.

sidmuer

I've edited this post. Please review buy/sell rules. Only dealers can list something as brand new in box. Dealers can't sell on this part of the forum.

Thanks Terry.
Sorry about that.
I basically got buyers remorse and don't want to just dump it back to my local shop.
And I don't mind keeping my credit card points ( offsets the $20 loss basically )

Terry

There are a few really antsy people over at DPReview that you can probably email directly if you don't find a buyer here right away.

CVickery

You are right.
It is duty free for cameras and lenses.

However, I don't think it's tax free. So if I shipped it from Canada and declared the full value ( which I'd like to do since I'd ship this insured considering what it is ) there would still be the local state taxes added on.

Correct me if I am wrong. I am going off common sense. Too lazy to google! :)

Looks awesome. A little too pricey for me, and my x100 does it for me right now.

Also, I can include a 35mm 1.4 lens, or all 3, or any of the fuji lenses if you need one at cost too. I would just go buy it locally and ship it with the cam :)
Actually Sid, unlike Canada, they don't collect tax either...there may be a local requirement to report it on their tax return, but that applies regardless of where it is shipped from. I've sent quite a bit of equipment south of the border and AFAIK no one has ever paid tax or duty on delivery. Doesn't work that way coming north unfortunately :D

sidmuer

Actually Sid, unlike Canada, they don't collect tax either...there may be a local requirement to report it on their tax return, but that applies regardless of where it is shipped from. I've sent quite a bit of equipment south of the border and AFAIK no one has ever paid tax or duty on delivery. Doesn't work that way coming north unfortunately :D
Thanks very much!
Good to know!
That means I can ship it from here. I still prefer to ship from within USA when I need to go there anyways, since it's cheaper and faster. But good to know when I don't need to cross boarder.

sidmuer

another price dip
$1825. + pp fees.
Shipped to your door.
USA or Canada.

No PP fees if you can find way to pay me without fees.
(PP gift, CASH, EMT, face to face meet, etc.. )

This is not particularly true cause I had to pay customs tax on a recent purchase from Canada (about $1500). I think the amount of the package has to be under a certain limit to be duty and tax free.

CVickery

This is not particularly true cause I had to pay customs tax on a recent purchase from Canada (about $1500). I think the amount of the package has to be under a certain limit to be duty and tax free.
Cameras and lenses are rated at 0% duty rate (per tarriff code):
35mm SLR Film Cameras -- Duty free (#9006.51.00)
Digital Cameras -- Duty free (#8525.80.40, #8525.80.50)
Lenses -- Duty free (#9002.11.90)

Accessories may be different. If you paid duty it was probably an error in classification and you may be eligible for a refund. Duty is imposed by the federal government and is subject to international treaties and as such the treatment should be uniform across the US.

There is the possibility that you were charged and state or local sales tax...this is generally supposed to be reported and collected with the individual tax returns, but there are far too many possible taxes there to be a definitive answer...only that this doesn't seem to be collected by the carrier most situations.

Finally there is the possibility that the shipping company charged you a fee for processing the paperwork and collecting the $0 of duty...UPS has a nasty habit of doing this to us.

Trouble is, the description of what you are charged is often poorly worded, so you don't know what you've paid or if it's correctly calculated.