The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: IQ260 Achromatic - very hard to find

JeffK

IQ260 Achromatic
$5900 USD net (shipping and any fees are extra)

(optional DF body available)

For Phaseone DF - XF bodies.

The hard to find Phase One IQ260 Achromatic digital back doesn't come up often. Usually snapped up by fine art photographers looking to create a personal and unique feel to their photography.

Who is it for? You want to shoot BW Infrared, Visible light BW, and you love the CCD look. You loved shooting infrared, Tri-X/Tmax in 120 and 4x5. Achieve that similar feel depending on how you manage your ISO settings and/or post process.

What's great about it?
  • Wide Spectrum black and white UV>Visible>IR
  • No UV/IR cut filter over the sensor. You need to add a UV/IR cut filter to your lenses when shooting visible light
    • I recommend you buy one for your largest lens and use step-up filters to attach to smaller lenses.
  • Incredible creative options
  • Very affordable price to get into a P1 Back series
  • buying from a reliable well-known member with solid references as a buyer and seller
SAMPLE FILES TO REVIEW:
Click Link to download

Here's some inspiring video's with the IQ260A:

Phase One IQ260 Achromatic - Raymond Chak v6
Going black and white with the IQ260 Achromatic in Berlin

Learn about the Dalsa CCD here (pdf download)
interesting thread here on getdpi about Dalsa CCD look.

Read an Article: One WTC by PhaseOne IQ260 Achromatic

What's included:
  • Just the IQ260Achromatic Digital Back with the metal back cover (no accessories)
    ***if you use this with a technical camera you will need to have the One Shot cable to fire a copal shutter and the back.
  • **Apologies, but you will need to order a battery charger and batteries for the digital back.

Exposure Usage: 18500 approx. They're built to take millions of exposures.

History: purchased from B3K Digital in October 2019. Had 14k exposures on it. Was either a demo unit or from their rental pool. Photos show as it looks now and same as when it was purchased. I didn’t get out much during Covid.

***** The IQ260A does not offer live view.
On a DF etc… You use TTL viewing from the camera body to compose. Just like you did when you shot MF BW film, only you get to see the results immediately on the screen on the IQ260A.

With a technical camera I would frame with the optical viewfinder and dial in focus. Take a shot to verify focus. Most of my work that required a technical camera has been at infinity so it hasn't been an issue. I also used a laser measure too for less than infinity. See images below of use on a MAX and DF+. Long exposure limit is 2 minutes. All of the work I've done is around 15-60 seconds. See examples below.

Photos of the back:

IMG_4760.jpeg
IMG_4761.jpeg
IMG_4763.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 5.17.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 5.16.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 4.06.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 5.13.27 PM.png

Examples from this digital back.

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 5.30.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 5.30.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 5.45.24 PM.png