The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Schneider helical focusing mount size 0 (Cambo, Alpa, ...)

anyone

Hi there,

I'm selling a Schneider Kreuznach focusing mount for lenses with Copal #0 shutter size. Originally, a Digitar 80mm was mounted with it. Hence, the printed distance scale fits for the Digitar 80mm.

Facts:
  • Focusing ring turns smoothly, right amount of friction
  • Lenses in Copal 0 shutter can be mounted (please note: limiting factor might be the rear element - see "rough measurements" below)
  • Limitation: One side is bent up as visible on the pictures.
  • Mounting: the helical is mounted by three screws, the pictures. The lens is mounted inside the helical with the use of a copal 0 retaining ring.
  • I sell here solely the helical focusing mount, no other items included.
Rough measurements (done with a ruler):
  • Thinnest part inside the helicoid is about 38mm
  • Fully extended height: 2.6cm; closed height: approx. 1.9 - 2cm
Pictures:
  • Please see next post.
New price: 200 EUR + Shipping

I'm located in Europe, but can ship worldwide.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

anyone

Would this work for a Schneider 47mm super Angulon? So I can use it easily in my Linhof Technika?
I do not have any experience with the 47mm Super Angulon. In general, the focusing mount fits in general to Copal 0 shutter size lenses. The question will be whether the rear element of the 47mm lens will fit (I just measured that the thinnest part is about 38mm). The distance scale will be off and you'll need to find a way to attach the focusing mount to your lens board.

Last edited:
Would this work for a Schneider 47mm super Angulon? So I can use it easily in my Linhof Technika?
Yes, the Schneider focus helicoid was also used for the old (pre-XL) Super Angulon 47mm f5.6, as seen in the 1970s-1980s Cambo Wide shift camera. Here's an example (I have no relation to the sale):

Joeintoronto

Yes, the Schneider focus helicoid was also used for the old (pre-XL) Super Angulon 47mm f5.6, as seen in the 1970s-1980s Cambo Wide shift camera. Here's an example (I have no relation to the sale):
That looks like what I am after.

anyone

If I was to mount this to a flat lensboard, how much would it extend? I may need a recessed.
I just measured with a simple ruler (so please take it as an approximation!). Fully extended, it measures 2.6 cm, closed it measures approx. 1.9-2cm. I put the helicoid on a flat surface, put a ruler inside, and measured from the flat surface to the top.

tcrock

Looking at the second photo, the mounting plate appears to be quite distorted which could perhaps make light tightness an issue.
Could that be easily rectified do you think?
Thanks

anyone

Hello.
Fits on HR Digaron lenses?
Regards
All Copal 0 lenses can be mounted, but the rear lens diameter may be the limiting factor. Please see the re-worked first post of this thread.

Looking at the second photo, the mounting plate appears to be quite distorted which could perhaps make light tightness an issue.
Could that be easily rectified do you think?
Thanks
Yes I know, I stated it already in the initial post. It is also the reason why the helicoid is a lot cheaper than others. I think it can be fixed, but I do not have the time to look into it, therefore no guarantee.

Thank you for your interest!

Edit: I re-structured my initial post on page 1 and added all the details in a more structured manner. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

mike gannon

Hi there,

I'm selling a Schneider Kreuznach focusing mount for lenses with Copal #0 shutter size. Originally, a Digitar 80mm was mounted with it. Hence, the printed distance scale fits for the Digitar 80mm.

Facts:
  • Focusing ring turns smoothly, right amount of friction
  • Lenses in Copal 0 shutter can be mounted (please note: limiting factor might be the rear element - see "rough measurements" below)
  • Limitation: One side is bent up as visible on the pictures.
Rough measurements (done with a ruler):
  • Thinnest part inside the helicoid is about 38mm
  • Fully extended height: 2.6cm; closed height: approx. 1.9 - 2cm
Pictures:
  • Please see next post.
New price: 200 EUR + Shipping

I'm located in Europe, but can ship worldwide.

Thanks for looking!
I am interested in buying the Helical mount. first time buying on this site , contact e mail: [email protected], will be using PayPAL