The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji 680 mirror wont return.

Atracksler

I recently got a Fuji GX680, I'm doing some testing and when I take a shot, the shot goes off, but the mirror does not return, requiring me to turn the camera of and turn it back on in between shots.

I hanged the batteries and they re fresh. Any ideas?

Batt OK and warn lights are flashing.

With film back it makes a beeping noise after I shoot.

Thanks in advance. ad

MartinN

First remedy to strange behaiviour - clean the gold-plated contacts on the camera lens mount and lens. Likewise clean the camera contacts and film back contacts. If 680 I or II model there should be a green led for adequate battery power and orange led for exhausted battery. I had one battery re-celled with fresh cells professionally. Then the battery in mk I film backs has to be functional. I replaced film back batteries in my film backs by opening and soldering a fresh battery. But probably there can be other problems, so I would not rush to replace batteries.

MartinN

Are you sure you don’t use the camera in mirror up mode, there is a switch for mirror up and down ? Then there is the possibility to do multiple exposure that should not be used normally.

Atracksler

I think it my have been the contacts on the lens, I cleaned them no it’s working now. I do get weird color shifts when I’m using my hasselblad 39mp back and speeds faster than 1/8. Now I have to figure that out 😂