The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GF 50mm or GF 63mm Lens On GFX50S ll

rollsman44

I am trying to decide which one to get with my GFX 50S ll Body
I mainly shoot portraits, and Candids and some landscapes. I never shoot lower than 5.6 for my portaits or anything else. TY

rdeloe

They're both good lenses. The GF 50 focuses a lot faster than the GF 63, which can hunt.

Shouldn't the subject matter you need be the main consideration? Unless you're doing environmental portraits, wouldn't the longer lens be better? In fact, what about the 80mm or 110mm for portraits?

rdeloe

The good news is that if you're planning to shoot the lens at f/5.6, I really don't think there's any difference between them in terms of image quality. So it comes down to things like which focal length you prefer, and how important autofocus is to you. The autofocus on the 63/2.8 I used was frustrating. If you've used a Fuji XF 60mm lens, it's a lot like that.

Smoothjazz

I use the 63mm mainly of landscape. It is a great lens for that; autofocus for that is not a problem. I paired it with the 45 mm and 30mm lenses for a good wide range, and the 110mm for telephoto.