The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX100S first lock up

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Apologies for the cross post from the Fuji forum but I know that many Fuji GFX shooters are here:

Shooting tonight using my GX100s and 250 + TC combo. I was using 10s delay on shutter, OIS off on lens, all on big tripod. For about 45 minutes everything was fine but then the delayed shutter didn't fire. I powered off, the screen and camera looked as if they were all on still including LCD but I couldn't change anything. The LED under the Q button continued to flash but no delayed capture.

I removed the battery to reset the camera. I had the same experience. I removed the battery and the lens. then reassembled and everything was working fine again.

Anyone else run into this?

Joe Colson

Not yet. How many shutter clicks have you put on the camera? I'm probably at the low end of usage statistics.

Joe

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Pretty low - 150 images based on the filenumber. It was while shooting with 250/14.TC. It cleared up after removing the lens and battery so we'll see if it rears its head again.

vjbelle

What SD card are you using? My 100s did lots of weird things due to a bad handshake with one of my Sony Touch Cards. I ordered one of the new SanDisk cards which are the same speed as the fastest Tough cards and I have had no issues so far. Just got back from Page and shot with it and the SandDisk card in slot 1 with no hiccups. I know it sounds kind of strange that a memory card could interfere with the camera but that Tough card made my camera reset all sorts of settings. A real head scratcher.....

Victor B.