The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujifilm FUJI GFX100s WITH 80 CLICKS-AS NEW-RECEIPT-USA MODEL

Jonathan

I'm the original owner of this camera. I've decided to sell because I just don't use it enough. I know I'm losing a lot because I paid $6044 just a while ago. I'm selling for $5350 shipped NET. Everything is as new in the box. Not a mark on it and would pass for brand new, as it should since it never left the house.

Includes a 128gb Sandisk card.

Only the camera and battery have been out of the box. USA model purchased from Allen's Camera.

Camera is in guaranteed perfect condition or I'll take it right back(check my feedback). I'll get the exact shutter count, but it's at or very close to 80(yes, only 80).
Too much camera to keep and not use.

Receipt is in the box.

I cannot use PayPal G&S due to the new tax changes, but we can talk about payment methods. I'll cover fully insured shipping with signature required. CONUS only please.

Please PM if interested.

tcdeveau

My understanding of the new tax changes (re:payPal, eBay, etc regarding 1099-K) are that you don’t pay taxes on a loss….which it seems you are taking here. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but if you are taking a loss G&S PayPal shouldn’t matter for your taxes (you may need to report but wouldn’t owe extra). Most electronics, digital camera included, are depreciating assets which wouldn’t be subject to tax under the new rules (at least that’s my understanding).

Just my two cents, GLWS!

Jonathan

I'll look into that. Thanks for the info. I spoke with the folks at PayPal and they did say that anything over $600 will generate a 1099. I could certainly prove the loss based on my purchase receipt, so maybe regular PayPal will work.

tcdeveau

2F3AA39D-01C1-47A1-8EF7-C3D693CE8C16.png
That’s from PayPal.com. Just because a 1099-k is generated doesn’t mean you’ll owe taxes on it as long as you have the relevant documentation. Anyway, I’m not a tax professional so feel free to follow up with ones

my understanding is, just like any other stock or security, you just enter the cost basis for whatever it is and then the sale price, and whatever software you use will take it from there (obviously save any documentation) but