The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

vjbelle

While reading Chambers blog about the 100s he mentioned, between rants, that there is shutter shake and resulting image degradation when using any shutter configuration other than ES. I thought I would see what I could see and shot my 138 float with the ES followed by EF - tripod mounted with 2 second delay. I brought the images into C1 and it took 200% pixel peeping but I finally saw a difference. Very subtle but it's there. It would never stop me from shooting with EF which I have needed in windy conditions.

Victor B.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

While reading Chambers blog about the 100s he mentioned, between rants, that there is shutter shake and resulting image degradation when using any shutter configuration other than ES. I thought I would see what I could see and shot my 138 float with the ES followed by EF - tripod mounted with 2 second delay. I brought the images into C1 and it took 200% pixel peeping but I finally saw a difference. Very subtle but it's there. It would never stop me from shooting with EF which I have needed in windy conditions.

Victor B.
Jim Kasson on DPReview quantified that a while ago.

algrove

Victor B.

Victor
It seems he takes extreme situations with much of his work. I would never take an image up 5 shots from a -3 stop exposure or whatever he does. I can only guess same here with his EF rant. I cannot wonder if he has set up something wrong. I will see next week!

k-hawinkler

Victor B.

Victor
It seems he takes extreme situations with much of his work. I would never take an image up 5 shots from a -3 stop exposure or whatever he does. I can only guess same here with his EF rant. I cannot wonder if he has set up something wrong. I will see next week!
None of this matters for real work.

vjbelle

I was reading the Chambers blog regarding the 100s and he showed an image with PDAF banding that looked terrible. Can't imagine how he produced it as Kason sure hasn't and has declared the banding issue as non existent. This image was a conversion in PS and even if I really pull the blue colors to make the sky black I can't see any banding.

Victor B.
_DSF0512.jpg

k-hawinkler

Great shots K-H. I've witnessed the same scene at an iconic waterfall overlook. Here the betrothed stand at the edge of the overlook with the falls as a background for the entwined couple. :).

thanks Carl. Great image and story.
Same idea, the folks want a great OOF background and soft light. (y)

algrove

Victor
RE 100S Image sizes. I see on p104 of the manual you can select different sizes like where L=11658x8736 in 4:3 for 102MP and M=8256x6192 in 4:3 for 52MP, but it is not clear to me if this represents RAW images. I am not interested in jpegs as I plan to record RAW to both cards (as a form of backup) and switch to ACROS on the EVF when I want to see a composition in B&W.

Can you shed any light on this? Thanks.
Lou

k-hawinkler

K-H
Glad to see that 63 of mine you have put to extraordinarily good use.
Thanks again Lou for parting with that great lens. I am really enjoying it a lot.
Somehow I find it particularly easy to generate naturally looking images to my eye with it and Capture One Pro.
I am sure I’ll use it a lot going forward. So thanks again.

vjbelle

Victor
RE 100S Image sizes. I see on p104 of the manual you can select different sizes like where L=11658x8736 in 4:3 for 102MP and M=8256x6192 in 4:3 for 52MP, but it is not clear to me if this represents RAW images. I am not interested in jpegs as I plan to record RAW to both cards (as a form of backup) and switch to ACROS on the EVF when I want to see a composition in B&W.

Can you shed any light on this? Thanks.
Lou
Only for JPG. Raw is Raw.... only one size. But when I travel I use a recipe in C1 to spit out 50MP image tiffs which makes my laptop work much faster once in PS.

Victor B.