The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun finds Inside a Hasselblad H3Dii-39 Back

buildbot

Someone here might find this interesting!

I'm repairing an old Hasselblad H3Dii-39 back, and after taking the internals out of the metal body cover, found some interesting ports:

Going to plug the USB port into a computer and see what shows up. It also looks like there is a ttrs/headphone jack that could be a serial interface.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The USB port is almost surely an engineering/support port for connecting the back to service equipment such as diagnostics or non-customer-facing firmware updates. It's almost surely not a USB port in the sense that a normal photographer would typically think of (a port through which one could connect to tether in order to take photos over USB).

Of course, this isn't my product and I could be wrong.

P. Chong

Most keen to find out what you discovered.

BTW, what work are you doing to the back? Very curious.

Someone here might find this interesting!

I'm repairing an old Hasselblad H3Dii-39 back, and after taking the internals out of the metal body cover, found some interesting ports:

Going to plug the USB port into a computer and see what shows up. It also looks like there is a ttrs/headphone jack that could be a serial interface.