The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/digital M Images 2021

D&A

Looks like its standing still to me :) . One question, what are those blue bags sitting by the rail tracks that seem to be filled with goods. Don't tell me the train stopped by to pick them or their owners up? o_O

Dave (D&A)

KeithDM

No, definitely not stopped - except by the 1/1000sec shutter speed. ;)
The blue bags? Material left behind by rail maintenance people? No idea really!

Reactions: D&A

D&A

The town of Middleburg Virginia is approx 40 miles/minutes west of Washington D.C., a small historic older town with many stately homes and a main street & village that's popular in the warm months with locals and tourists. It's in the middle of hunt & horse country and also popular with passing thru cyclists and old car restorers and classic car enthusiasts out for a drive. In some ways, the town reminds me a little bit of Carmel Calif. To think that maybe 15-20 years ago Disney was well into the planning stage for a Disney Land amusement park basically smack dab in the middle of this beautiful countryside, complete with a metro rail and bus lines. It's theme was to be "Americana" due to the proximity to Washington D.C. To say there was a local uproar, was an understatement and eventually Disney backed out of their plans.

Addition: I should have added that Middleburg Va. is Horse & Hunt country, with house farms surrounding this pastoral community. The late U.S. president John F. Kennedy and wife Jaquelin, a hours enthusiast and jumper herself, purchased a large parcel of farm land here and were in the planning stages of building their post Presidential home shortly before the assassination of the President. in Nov. 1963

All Image Taken with the Leica M9 in Middleburg, Virginia

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: