The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've just had one of those "I think I need a new camera, a full frame one. Wonder which one I should buy" moments. Then I did a shoot of the teak deck of a new yacht and had a look at the details in those photos... I don't need no full frame, bling in your eye, super shallow depth of field gadget. I need to utilise what I have better, and take more photos, shoot more video. Full frame project cancelled.

GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
looks like serious business ...
You bet. Her only complaint was that she wasn't allowed to use the stepladder to get all the way to the top.

That lens is a gem btw. Sharp, lightweight and compact. Makes me wonder why I'm spending extra money on "pro" lenses.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Pro is Fast, no ?
Yes, but how often do I use a zoom lens at f/2.8? I have primes for that. For ultra-wide and long telephoto lenses, the quality differences are to much to ingnore, but for standard zooms, kit lenses have become pretty darn good. This one I was given for free from a person who just had to have a "pro" lens (GAS). Nobody would buy the kit lens for a sensible price, so he asked if I could find any use for it. I could. It's been my go-to video lens for a while.

neilvan

Found a very calm dragonfly soaking up some sun yesterday...
All captured with E-M1.2 w/50mm f2 ED via MMF-3. I added an EX-25 in the last photo to get a little closer to my sedate little friend.

f4 @ 1/500th ISO200 -0.3

f6.3 @ 1/80th ISO400

f6.3 @ 1/80th ISO400

Last edited:

neilvan

A couple more bugs from the other day, a Hover Fly and a Crab Spider. These (and the dragonfly above) really get 'beaten-up' due to compression when sharing online, there is so much detail/sharpness in the full res. captures, I love this nearly twenty-year-old lens!

E-M1.2 w/50mm f2 ED | f5.6 @ 1/500th ISO200

E-M1.2 w/50mm f2 ED | f5.6 @ 1/160th ISO200 -0.7

neilvan

Had this Katydid (first time I have seen one of these) land on the wall of my patio yesterday, I grabbed my Nikon and grabbed a few shots but it flew off...to a window a few feet away. I watched it climb the window, as it was coming up to the sill I was ready. This time it was curious about my Olympus camera and let me photograph her. What a fascinating bug, it seems to have the same curious nature as a Praying Mantis.

"Katydid Hello" | E-M1.2 w/60mm Macro | f8 @ 1/60th ISO400 +1EV

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

I've just had one of those "I think I need a new camera, a full frame one. Wonder which one I should buy" moments. Then I did a shoot of the teak deck of a new yacht and had a look at the details in those photos... I don't need no full frame, bling in your eye, super shallow depth of field gadget. I need to utilise what I have better, and take more photos, shoot more video. Full frame project cancelled.

GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8:

You are right, Jorgen !!! You do not need a Full Frame camera !!!

YOU NEED A MEDIUM FORMAT DIGITAL CAMERA !!!!

Stay safe, but have fun,
Rafael