The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

spijker

Bart, I'm enjoying these pictures of my old hometown. I lived "op zuid" near the south end of the Maastunnel until 1999. I usually cycled through the tunnel to the office in "the old north". But from time to time I would also ride through the area you show in these pictures. The Spoorweghaven earlier, and now the Rijnhaven area. It changed a lot. In my days, the Kop van Zuid was still under construction. Last time I was in Rotterdam in 2019 with wife and daughter, we didn't go here so it's nice to your pictures. Hope it's not too hard for you to roam through Rottûrdam as a Mokummer. ;)

Knorp

Bart, I'm enjoying these pictures of my old hometown. I lived "op zuid" near the south end of the Maastunnel until 1999. I usually cycled through the tunnel to the office in "the old north". But from time to time I would also ride through the area you show in these pictures. The Spoorweghaven earlier, and now the Rijnhaven area. It changed a lot. In my days, the Kop van Zuid was still under construction. Last time I was in Rotterdam in 2019 with wife and daughter, we didn't go here so it's nice to your pictures. Hope it's not too hard for you to roam through Rottûrdam as a Mokummer. ;)
It's not too bad actually. As long as I keep my mouth shut I'm safe fine ... :giggle:

KC_2020

'The Compagnie' - Rotterdam NL ...

| em1 | zuiko 7-14/4.0 |
The images from this camera and lens are impressive. To my eye the 7-14 has a different look, a slight edge in detail and contrast, over the other Oly zoom you use. Nice work !

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The images from this camera and lens are impressive. To my eye the 7-14 has a different look, a slight edge in detail and contrast, over the other Oly zoom you use. Nice work !
That's an interesting observation. To my taste, the MFT Zuiko lenses are too contrasty. The older 4/3 lenses, one of which I believe was used above, offer a much more pleasant rendering.

Knorp

That's size, but do you go w/2 M43s, G9 married to 40-150, & EM1 to ... ?
Indeed, for my trip to the fair city of Rotterdam I brought the G9 with 2.8/40-150 and the EM1 with 4.0/ 7-14.
Not sure they're "married" in this way, but I like to use the 4.0/7-14 with the EM1 as the EM1 has this very convenient onboard keystone correction feature.

All the best.

Knorp

Nice shot Bart, my grandmother lived in that area of Rotterdam, the photo brings back many good memories.
Did you shoot this from the "Boompjes" parking garage?
Good question, Pieter. But I'm sure I've shot this from the new Willemsbrug (Google is my best friend ... :giggle:)