The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Pro is Fast, no ?
Yes, but how often do I use a zoom lens at f/2.8? I have primes for that. For ultra-wide and long telephoto lenses, the quality differences are to much to ingnore, but for standard zooms, kit lenses have become pretty darn good. This one I was given for free from a person who just had to have a "pro" lens (GAS). Nobody would buy the kit lens for a sensible price, so he asked if I could find any use for it. I could. It's been my go-to video lens for a while.

f6cvalkyrie

I've just had one of those "I think I need a new camera, a full frame one. Wonder which one I should buy" moments. Then I did a shoot of the teak deck of a new yacht and had a look at the details in those photos... I don't need no full frame, bling in your eye, super shallow depth of field gadget. I need to utilise what I have better, and take more photos, shoot more video. Full frame project cancelled.

GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8:

You are right, Jorgen !!! You do not need a Full Frame camera !!!

YOU NEED A MEDIUM FORMAT DIGITAL CAMERA !!!!

Stay safe, but have fun,
Rafael

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's been busy days and no time for photography. Hopefully, that will change from Monday and onwards, when I retire from my day job.

I did take some shots at the launch of a new yacht yesterday though. GX8 with Panasonic 100-300mm:

For her 9th birthday 3 weeks ago, my daughter got a skateboard. Last night was the first attempt at a real skate park. Here's her fifth attack on the slope. GX8 with Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 @ f/1.7.

Elliot

It's been busy days and no time for photography. Hopefully, that will change from Monday and onwards, when I retire from my day job.

I did take some shots at the launch of a new yacht yesterday though. GX8 with Panasonic 100-300mm:

For her 9th birthday 3 weeks ago, my daughter got a skateboard. Last night was the first attempt at a real skate park. Here's her fifth attack on the slope. GX8 with Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 @ f/1.7.

Congratulations on retirement from your day job! How many jobs do you have?:)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Congratulations on retirement from your day job! How many jobs do you have?:)
My day job has actually been very fulfilling and taken most of the available 24 hours per day, at least until the pandemic. I've always done a little bit of freelance work on the side during weekends though, mostly photography. That will increase now and be expanded to the whole week when possible; photography, video, animation, and the odd graphic design job. The retirement was actually planned for 2023, but Covid-19 eradicated much of my job. One just has to adapt :)

Elliot

My day job has actually been very fulfilling and taken most of the available 24 hours per day, at least until the pandemic. I've always done a little bit of freelance work on the side during weekends though, mostly photography. That will increase now and be expanded to the whole week when possible; photography, video, animation, and the odd graphic design job. The retirement was actually planned for 2023, but Covid-19 eradicated much of my job. One just has to adapt :)
Sorry about the earlier-than-planned retirement. Hopefully, you will fill it with all the things you enjoy doing related to photography and graphics.

I always enjoy your usage of the GX8 camera. I wish one could get someone to write firmware upgrades for that camera, it is truly unique.

f6cvalkyrie

Congrats with your retirement, Jorgen ! I hope your morning-, evening- and night-job will leave you some time for shooting your much appreciated pictures !!!
Stay safe while having fun,
Rafael (who early "retired" seven years ago ...)