The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Thorkil

congrats Jørgen with your liberation from Denmark in 1814 :), even though it was a short relief while the swedes came along and grabbed you for the next 90 years :cautious:
thorkil

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
congrats Jørgen with your liberation from Denmark in 1814 :), even though it was a short relief while the swedes came along and grabbed you for the next 90 years :cautious:
thorkil
Thank you, Thorkil. Technically, it's the constitution that we celebrate, since, as you point out, we weren't really free, and the liberation from Sweden came as late as 7 June 1905. Interestingly the Swedish national day, until 1984 "Svenske Flaggans Dag" is on 6 June. The reason for the name of the day was, as far as I know, to celebrate the new Swedish flag, the one without the "herring salad", a combination of the Swedish and Norwegian flags, in the corner. So in a way, you can say that the Swedes are celebrating that they finally got rid of us, while we celebrate that you got rid of us...

f6cvalkyrie

A lucky shot this morning, from the terrace ... I wanted to enjoy my first coffee of the day, and saw this dragonfly sitting full of waterdrops ...
Back indoors to get the camera, and just like I pressed the shutter, the dragonfly shook her wings, and the waterdrops flew all around ...

stay safe,
Rafael

P7018204.jpg

AlanS

Hi Bart, no not really. I bought my first G1 shortly after it came out and have had an on-off relationship since. I am back due to wanting a more portable (lighter) system that is flexible and yet still gives good results for my use. Mostly used Pana in the past but the EM-1 lll has some features and that amazing ibis that I wanted. So far I am not dissapointed, if all goes well I see an OM-1 in my future (mainly for the viwfinder).