The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

bensonga

Here are a few photos from our trip to Colorado last September. I printed them recently for a B&W and color print exchange. All taken with a pair of GX-8s and the Lumix 12-35/2.8 and 35-100/2.8 lenses (first versions).

The first photo is a section of the Chalk Cliffs in Chalk Creek Canyon near Mt Princeton, CO. The rock is actually kaolinite, not chalk.

Gary

PE BW 2023-04 Chalk Cliffs Mt Princeton CO GX8 P800.jpg

PE BW 2023-04 Mikes Garage Paonia CO GX8 P800.jpg

PE CLR 2023-04 Truck Horse-Cow Studio Paonia CO GX8 P800.jpg

Last edited:

Knorp

The pale light in this image is beautiful. I find this format very attractive and wonder how you achieved it.
Hello Barbara,

the original RAW-file format is 4:3. All I did was to crop it back to 16:9 by removing the upper part that showed just empty sky.
But perhaps you like the original format better !
G9_2354055.jpg

Kind regards.

BarbaraJ

Hello Barbara,

the original RAW-file format is 4:3. All I did was to crop it back to 16:9 by removing the upper part that showed just empty sky.
But perhaps you like the original format better !
View attachment 203354

Kind regards.
Quite a difference! I prefer the crop image. 16:9 keeps the best part of the sky and showcases the land. Looks like a good walk when weather permits. Thank you for explanation. There is so much to learn here.

4season

I've passed by this school building countless times in the past, but on this particular day, light haze made for pale blue skies and diffused the Colorado sun. I didn't have my newly-acquired 35 mm PC-Nikkor with me, so I did the next best thing: I took a series of portrait-format images, in order to capture more sky, and merged the photos into a panorama using Lightroom. Olympus Pen-F, Panasonic 20/1.7.
P5281563-Pano.jpg