The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica Compact Cameras

KeithDM

Lots of Cowslips emerging in a local meadow, this one being the most developed. Given the temperatures lately, they are all probably wishing that they had waited a while longer!

Marsh Marigolds living up to their name.

D-Lux 7.

dave.gt

Keith, you are certainly enjoying the D-Lux 7 immensely! Looks like great fun getting excellent images from such a compact camera.:):):)

Keep 'em coming!:)

KeithDM

Keith, you are certainly enjoying the D-Lux 7 immensely! Looks like great fun getting excellent images from such a compact camera.:):):)

Keep 'em coming!:)
Thank'ee, Kind Sir! ;) When out and about accompanying my wife on walks in the countryside, 'tis the only camera I'm generally allowed to carry so as to minimise foot-tapping time. 🙃 So a good thing that the D-Lux 7 can quickly produce some fairly decent results!

dave.gt

Thank'ee, Kind Sir! ;) When out and about accompanying my wife on walks in the countryside, 'tis the only camera I'm generally allowed to carry so as to minimise foot-tapping time. 🙃 So a good thing that the D-Lux 7 can quickly produce some fairly decent results!
That would make a great Leica commercial!:)

I must admit it would be wonderful to have a D-Lux 7 myself!!! I always like the older ones and can only imagine how good the new ones are.:)

dave.gt

So, this time last year, I posted a memorable image from the deepest part of the Deep South on this thread. The image is from an early morning walk along the riverfront in Savannah, Georgia.

The weather was HOT and HUMID and mosquitoes and gnats were driving me insane. But the diffused golden light was delicious and drew me toward the river as surely as the sweet wafts of gardenias in bloom carry me in their direction.

I only post this image again to remind me of the beauty that can be found even on hot, sultry days. Our temps this week are in the upper 90's.

Savannah 2013
Leica X1:
2013-2016 032.JPG
The X1 is still my daily companion, nestled in my Billingham bag with the S. :)

dave.gt

Finally, the morning was cool enough to enjoy a short walk to the park in low humidity. It is official that today is back to my daily walks, absolutely mandatory for my health.

Today, I opted for the X1 with its own Leica bag, instead of carrying the Hadley Pro. It has been ages since I went light. LOL, I felt strange, but soon I got used to it.:)

This was my feather light carry today.

A couple of images will be downloaded later to share. The sun rising with golden light through the trees, shimmering dew on the grass, and blessed solitude with complete silence in the neighborhood...

Upon arriving home all I had to commemorate a new resolution to walk daily was a crappy iPhone.

Leica X1:
75BCDC98-7715-4C5F-9F07-B15F62DA9C84.jpeg