The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica Compact Cameras

dave.gt

Looks like a very relaxing place to be.:)

I could use a walk in the forest like yours! The D-Lux 7 is perfect for that!(y)

Last edited:

KeithDM

Looks like a very relaxing place to be.:)

I could use a walk in the forest like that! The D-Lux 7 is perfect for that!(y)
Thanks, Dave - indeed it is. Luckily for us the wood is just a few minutes traffic-free walk from the front door. A delight in this morning's spell of sunshine - and we were home just before a deluge arrived!

dave.gt

Just in case anyone is wondering, the Leica compact cameras hold their own when compared to other excellent cameras when doing stills.

Leica X1:
F7060F58-695F-422F-BFAD-C4A20790073B.jpeg

Nikon D850:
48BCF0FB-32BE-4E22-89EE-995A4EAE6ED6.jpeg

These two images were just hours apart.:)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Does the Q2 qualify as a Leica compact. I got the Q2 as a hiking camera so I wouldn't be tempted to lug my 907x + multiple lenses on 3 days hikes like this one on Routeburn Track, NZ. This is Lake MacKenzie early morning on day 2 of the hike.

View attachment 191608
Absolutely! Thanks for sharing, and the essence of compact cameras is exactly what you have described regarding a 3-day hike!:):):)

Love that photo!