The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica Compact Cameras

dave.gt

Just to keep me thinking about the sheer freedom of using a compact Leica, I am going to carry the X1 with me today. In its own crossbody strapped leather case. No need to lug around anything else in a Billingham bag, it is just too hot for that! Even the X1 itself will be going light without the A&A leather half case.

The Dog Days of Summer are here!
Hot. Humid. Sultry. Glorious morning light. :)

Anyone else going light for the Summer?

Btw, the only thing I might do different if I had my old Leica IIIf again would be to carry it instead and an extra roll of film in my pocket. Alternating outings between the X1 and IIIf sounds like fun!

Hmmm… I really should consider that… it’s been a long time.

KeithDM

Unearthed the little 'C' (Typ 112) from the depths of a desk drawer recently where it has lain unused for quite some time (shame on me!). Thankfully it charged-up OK and yesterday it accompanied me (plus M240) on a short stroll in the Dorset countryside. I really ought to make much more frequent use of it!
ShadySeats.jpg
KingDownFarm.jpg
Leica C (Typ 112)

dave.gt

Unearthed the little 'C' (Typ 112) from the depths of a desk drawer recently where it has lain unused for quite some time (shame on me!). Thankfully it charged-up OK and yesterday it accompanied me (plus M240) on a short stroll in the Dorset countryside. I really ought to make much more frequent use of it!
View attachment 195650
View attachment 195651
Leica C (Typ 112)
Oh, no, a Leica residing in a desk drawer…:(

By all means, such an elegant instrument deserves to be used! I keep my X1 in the Billingham Hadley Pro with the S 006. I hardly notice it is even in the bag but I have it with me all the time.

I used to carry it with me when I had my M6… but sadly I had to sell the M6 to fund a two year project five years ago.

(I miss the M6 very much. But, I carry on with what I have left.)

I think a Leica C is wonderful. It deserves to be used as your images show!:)

KeithDM

Thanks, Dave.
Note to self:- "Make sure it is tucked into a corner of whatever camera-bag you are heading out of the door with..." ;)
One more from Tuesday's little amble.
Fallen&FissuredColour.jpg