The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Light L16

sc_john

A great little camera, John! I hope you find it as much fun and as capable as I (and Carl and Norm) do. :D

G
I am looking forward to working with the camera. Time will tell if I get comfortable with it, but, given the images in this thread, it certainly seems worth the effort. I am not usually a "train blazer" :banghead:, but this technology is too intriguing to pass-up. I will report back after I have had some time and fun with it!

P.S. Beautiful bike! The detail in the full rez images is really impressive. Can't wait to get started...

John

scho

Just to note that the claim of near MF quality in L16 files has some merit, here is a comparison shot of the green leaves shot yesterday with the L16 taken again today using my Pentax 645z. I don't think that the L16 gives up much to the 645z.

More plants. Straight down shot from the edge of my deck. Monochrome version here.

Godfrey

Just to note that the claim of near MF quality in L16 files has some merit, here is a comparison shot of the green leaves shot yesterday with the L16 taken again today using my Pentax 645z. I don't think that the L16 gives up much to the 645z.
That's amazingly close!

I'm going to have that pano I posted made into a 13x53 inch sized canvas print. That will be at 360 ppi... I'm quite interested to see what a large scale printed rendering looks like. :)

G

Norm N

Yes, there's very little difference. Perhaps a little more sunlight in the 645Z photo. I'm a little bit smitten by the camera.

Norm

scho

That's amazingly close!

I'm going to have that pano I posted made into a 13x53 inch sized canvas print. That will be at 360 ppi... I'm quite interested to see what a large scale printed rendering looks like. :)

G
I'm sure that the print will look great. Nice image and print quality at 13 inches high should be excellent. I've printed a couple of L16 files at 18x24 and they look very good.

Norm N

Whisky Rye Whisky..Rye Whisky I Cry....If Whisky Don't Kill Me I'll Live Till I Die

WhskyWldr1080-00171.jpg

The Irish Bar, Where Manly Conversation Prevails

TenderWldr1080-00173.jpg

GrlWldr1080-00178.jpg

3WmnWldr1080-00172.jpg

Godfrey

Yesterday was the last day of the "Wings of Freedom" air show at Moffett Field in Mountain View, CA. I managed to get there around two in the afternoon and decided that the big panorama type of approach I used for the Santa Clara Valley vista was a perfect way to try to capture the scale of Hanger 1, the historic dirigible hanger at Moffett Field. This time I held the camera vertically and made seven exposures ... The resulting panorama merge file is about 33,000x7000 pixels in size, big enough for a print about 92 inches wide at 360 ppi. The detail in this image is amazing when you go to the 100% image... the display image here is 1/10 resolution! And this is all hand held too...

Light L16
Seven exposure panorama merge, 70mm equivalent focal length.

Full rez (45Mbytes):https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1750/41483612935_100775e17a_o.jpg

Enjoy!
G

I added an intermediate but large size JPEG because some folks could not get to the one pointed at the above link: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1732/41673401144_309be680d7_o.jpg
This image file is 1415x6800 pixels or thereabouts.

Last edited:

scho

A very quiet Memorial Day down by the waterfront. L16

A family picnic at Steamboat Landing.

and same in monochrome from SEPII

Their Lime Bike transportation (don't know how they managed this with 3 children).

Last edited:

sc_john

The bonding adventure begins... Overall, I am encouraged, but the L16 can struggle with fine details such as the tree and moss. I will go back into Lumen to see how focus correction tools do.

John

scho

A few garden shots taken with the L16 in ISO mode (100), self timer 3 sec release, on tripod.

Our laid back garden frog

Fall crocus. The large leaves will soon die back and the blossoms will emerge in the fall on white stalks with no leaves.

Siberian Iris

Peonie

Japanese fern

scho

Two more L16 shots taken this afternoon while walking in the park on the waterfront trail.

A few dutiful walkers and joggers, but no LimeBikers.

Grandpa is just waiting for a cold front to sweep out the hot, humid air.