The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Hausen

I normally shoot street art on film with one of my MF cameras, but living in Queenstown NZ and with restricted travel, I haven't had much opportunity to shoot any street art. So I bought a Rolleicord Vb III and thought I would have a play with double exposures. Have always loved Rolleis. This one from my first test roll of Potra 160.Statue.JPG

P. Chong

I have shown this photograph before, but its interesting what happens when an old photograph is re-processed. And I used the new Photoshop 2021 Sky Replacement feature...works pretty well. Hasselblad H3D HM16-32 with HC 2.8/80mm at 1/180s, f/11 on Ilford HP5. The cool thing about the H3D is that it actually imprints the EXIF on the edge of the film.

tokyo-station-sky-replaced.jpg

dave.gt

Ah! I must have missed that Photoshop 2021 and sky feature. Thanks!:)

I still love using the film backs! They are simply a joy and the modular concept still resonates with me in so many ways.:)

Last edited:

P. Chong

Maybe this is a bit more convincing. Also using the Sky Replacement feature on Photoshop. Its early days yet, but I think there is promise. I think the Sky Replacement is more natural than the new Neural Filters, though I am sure that will improve too.

El Capitan from the Merced River. Also with Hasselblad H3D HM16-32 with HC 2.8/80 at f/11, 1/180s, Ilford HP5. BTW, I don't take copious notes after each shot, and for the benefit of those who do not know, the H3D imprints the EXIF data on the edge of the film.

el-capitan.jpg

dave.gt

Hmmm... an H3D plus film back is certainly a cost effective way to have a superb MF film system.:)

Always enjoy your posts and images, keep them coming! :cool:

Godfrey

Posted this in another thread yesterday, but it belongs here too.
Photo made a couple of months ago ...

Front Door - Santa Clara 2020
Hasselblad 500CM + Planar 80mm f/2.8 T*
ISO 6 @ f/4 @ 1/30

I really like the Washi-120 film. Almost time to order another dozen rolls. :)

enjoy!
G