The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Godfrey

The Good Old Days
Waiting for a freshly processed roll of Washi-120 to dry.​

My Ilford multigrade paper developer is again nearly exhausted just from sitting. Sigh.
But I think there are maybe two or three decent exposures on this roll to play with. :D

G

ggibson

Aaaah, how many times have I sweated up (and careened down) this very hill on my bike. I never view the hill from this perspective (only from the road), but if I recall correctly, this is where it gets steep. Thanks for sharing this lovely image!

P.S. Are those bisected people at the right-hand edge of the image?

John
Haha, me too! I come from Moraga, so it's a fun downhill sprint on the way home.

And good eye--yes, there were a couple of cyclists taking a break chatting there while I was taking the picture. I asked them to back up a bit, but not quite enough apparently 😄

If you drive here, you can hike up the fire road for a bit. They've done some restoration work on the trail recently to combat erosion.

Reactions: jng

Godfrey

Gawds, every time I see photos from a Plaubel Makina I want one again. LOL! I've never had one, they've always seemed just a hair too pricey for the very occasional use I'd put them to, but they always seem to make beautiful photographs!

G

JoelM

Gawds, every time I see photos from a Plaubel Makina I want one again. LOL! I've never had one, they've always seemed just a hair too pricey for the very occasional use I'd put them to, but they always seem to make beautiful photographs!

G
They are nice and I've owned and sold many times. The Mamiya 6 and 7 are on par and that's the main reason I've not gotten back with Plaubel. Those tiny Mamiya lenses are fantastic, almost Leica-like.
Joel

diggles

Last year I sent a bunch of film images from the 90s to Digital Silver Imaging to get scanned on a Hasselblad Flextight scanner. Finally getting a chance to go through some of them.

Sprague Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, September of 1998
Pentax 645, 75mm ??, Fuji Reala

1998-09-Sept-RMNP-Sprague-Lake-Reala-03.jpg

Greg Haag

Last year I sent a bunch of film images from the 90s to Digital Silver Imaging to get scanned on a Hasselblad Flextight scanner. Finally getting a chance to go through some of them.

Pentax 645, 75mm ??, Fuji Reala

View attachment 179602
Beautiful shot Warren, glad you decided to get those rolls of film developed!

diggles

Thank you Greg! Yes, it was about time. Retouching all the scratches and dust is a chore though!

diggles

Here are two images of the same scene, the first one is Fuji Reala negative film and the second is Kodak E100SW slide film.

Pentax 645, 75mm ??, Fuji Reala1998-09-SEPT-05-RMNP-Sprague-Lake-Kodak-645-f18.jpg

Pentax 645, 75mm ??, Kodak E100SW

1998-09-SEPT-05-RMNP-Sprague-Lake-Kodak-645-f01.jpg

P. Chong

Malabar Mosque in Singapore. The oldest mosque in the city. Currently closed for renovations.

Hasselblad H3D-HM16-32 HC 3.5-4.5/50-110mm lens. Fuji Acros 100, expired last year. Developed with Ilford ID11 developer for 6:45 min and Ilford Rapid Fixer for 3 min, "scanned" with Hasselblad H3D-39 HC 4/120. Converted in Ps 2020.

malabar-mosque-1200.jpg

Last edited:

P. Chong

Two more from the same roll. Same process.

Singapore modern high rise living, and the old school high rise in the city. The first image is the fairly new apartment block at Ghim Moh Link. And the lower one is the rear facade of People's Park Complex, the oldest high rise shopping and residential mall in Singapore. Taken from Pearl's Hill former Police Barracks.

commonwealth.jpgchinatown.jpg

tsjanik

I guess this image qualifies for this thread since film and two MF cameras were used :) I have been looking through some old prints from the 1970s and found this 8x10 print of my good companion for a decade. I really appreciate inkjet prints and still have some lovely Cibachromes I printed in my parents' basement, but the joy of black and white printing is something I miss. Yashica MAT 124 G, Tri-X, Kodak paper; copied with 645Z, 120mm macro.

_IMG3706.jpg