The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

dave.gt

Thanks Dave!
Bill, that image reminds me of the feelings I experienced when we first arrived near this viewpoint, and peered over the massive Manhattan-sized vertigo-inducing Haleakala
Crater. I still can’t get that feeling out of my head.

I felt that same way only one other time in my life while on a motorcycle tour in the mountains of North Carolina where I became disoriented and eventually wound up in a slow motion “crash” while pulling out of a turnout on the Blue Ridge Parkway... ouch!:(

Years later I drove by there in the SUV and the same disorientation started again. So, I hope I don’t return to Haleakala, your image is enough for me!!!! Besides, a 35-year Wedding Anniversary (at the time) only happens once. In a few months, we celebrate 51 years!

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Well, congratulations on 51 years, Dave! Not to to out-bid you, but we're at 57 yrs and still counting....

I hear you on the subject of vertigo - there are a couple of locations I know that cause me to step back from the edge! Funny, though, that I often feel more uncomfortable thinking or dreaming about some such places but when I'm there I feel fine.

Go figure!

dave.gt

Well, congratulations on 51 years, Dave! Not to to out-bid you, but we're at 57 yrs and still counting....

I hear you on the subject of vertigo - there are a couple of locations I know that cause me to step back from the edge! Funny, though, that I often feel more uncomfortable thinking or dreaming about some such places but when I'm there I feel fine.

Go figure!
Bill, I am inspired to hear about 57 years. Thanks for sharing that.:)

I don’t know about you but the numbers don’t seem to register… time is perplexing for me as I don’t seem to recognize getting older.🤷🏼‍♂️ And I certainly cannot get my head around having celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary, it seems like yesterday we each said “I Do”, and here in 2022, “We Still Do”.

How can it be any other way? We are eternally grateful for the past 51 years and we are blessed.

And… amazingly, film photography means more to me in so many ways than ever before. :)
Film forever!

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill, I am inspired to hear about 57 years. Thanks for sharing that.:)

I don’t know about you but the numbers don’t seem to register… time is perplexing for me as I don’t seem to recognize getting older.🤷🏼‍♂️ And I certainly cannot get my head around having celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary, it seems like yesterday we each said “I Do”, and here in 2022, “We Still Do”.

How can it be any other way? We are eternally grateful for the past 51 years and we are blessed.

And… amazingly, film photography means more to me in so many ways than ever before. :)
Film forever!
I hear you Dave. My mind is still in my forties or somewhere - but when I make demands on my body, I'm reminded I'm no spring chicken. I find myself feeling lucky to have reached my late (very late!) seventies when I have so many friends and acquaintances who only got to three score and ten or so..

I fear the only downside of a long marriage is how will I, or my dear wife, do without the other when the time comes?
But life's for living, not moping about a future that may be far off. We hope!
Carpe Diem.
Bill

P. Chong

Inspired by DaveGT's flower pictures. I photographed this specimen in my garden. Anyone know the species? I am clueless.

Mamiya RB67 Pro with Sekor C 90mm f/3.8 lens. I forgot what film stock, but think it is Lomo 400. The bloom was quite high up, I held the camera upside down to get this pic.

orchid.jpg

Last edited:

dave.gt

Inspired by DaveGT's flower pictures. I photographed this specimen in my garden. Anyone know the species? I am clueless.

Mamiya RB67 Pro with Sekor C 90mm f/3.5 lens. I forgot what film stock, but think it is Lomo 400. The bloom was quite high up, I held the camera upside down to get this pic.

View attachment 193843
Wow! Beautiful, Peter!

I don’t know much about orchids but these are prodigious growers if they are that tall!

With 25,000 species of orchids worldwide, it would take a real expert to identify it!
It looks similar to: Phalaenopsis White Orchids.

Yours are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these, you are fortunate to have such beauty in your garden.:):):)

scho

For the long haul!

Pentax 645 N II FA 75/2.8. Ilford XP2 Super 400 120. C-41 std process. OM-1 (HR mode 80 MP) with Laowa 50/2.8 Macro on Negative Supply Copy stand for digitizing with OM Capture for remote capture. Processed in LR CC with Negative Pro plugin and Topaz Denoise AI.

dave.gt

Well now, another chapter begins.;)

I have a lot of expired frozen 120 film and 135 film… ISO 100, and most of it is color slide film! I have been looking forward to shooting it!

Life threw me another unexpected curve ball so, what to do except knock it out of the ballpark? Right? So, I did but it required selling my favorite camera system the H5D-50c with film backs. I did keep one film back though. Never say die!

So, I can now catch up on developing and scanning 120 film shot over the past few years. The expired 135 slide film will be fun to work with in the meantime alongside the black and white film I usually shoot.

I hope things will be easier now and I can send the exposed 120 film out for developing and scanning in regular batches. Stay tuned for that!

So…. Post your images, it will help my current withdrawal immensely!!!:):):)