The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

lookbook

Felix

Hasselblad 203 Carl-Zeiss 110mm | Trix-D76
... before and during a school performance I had the opportunity to take portraits of the children.
All those who wanted to be photographed were photographed in front of a white wall in the auditorium.

There were no further instructions - everyone could show what they wanted to show.

Last edited:

FloatingLens

Felix

Hasselblad 203 Carl-Zeiss 110mm | Trix-D76
... before and during a school performance I had the opportunity to take portraits of the children.
All those who wanted to be photographed were photographed in front of a white wall in the auditorium.

There were no further instructions - everyone could show what they wanted to show.

Stunning work!

ggibson

This time the flare issue is gone. I installed a mask inside the camera.

Hamburg

View attachment 196708

Lomo XPAN, SK47/8, APX 400, Rodinal, Scan with Flextight
Awesome!

Vertical panos can be a bit awkward with website formatting and monitor orientations, but I love them. My last shot on this roll was a vertical pano that I am really pleased with (will share soon).

Here's my 2nd shot, testing out some star trails on slide film:

Twain Harte Night Sky by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

P. Chong

Singapore CBD. This is the film version of the shot I made with Fuji GFX 50S II + Hasselblad HCD 4/28 over at Fun with MF images thread. This image was made with the Mamiya RB 67 ProSD with Sekor C 50mm lens. Interestingly, the field of view of the 50mm on the 6x7 format is about similar to 28mm on 44x33. .

Film stock is CineStill 400 exposed one stop over as ISO200. 6 minute exposure at f/32. Metered at 90s, but the exposure turned out to be 6 minutes after correcting for reciprocity failure. The glow on the overexposed parts is caused by the effect of halation of CineStill, as this is movie film stock with the remjet layer removed.

cbd-film.jpg

ggibson

Singapore CBD. This is the film version of the shot I made with Fuji GFX 50S II + Hasselblad HCD 4/28 over at Fun with MF images thread. This image was made with the Mamiya RB 67 ProSD with Sekor C 50mm lens. Interestingly, the field of view of the 50mm on the 6x7 format is about similar to 28mm on 44x33. .

Film stock is CineStill 400 exposed one stop over as ISO200. 6 minute exposure at f/32. Metered at 90s, but the exposure turned out to be 6 minutes after correcting for reciprocity failure. The glow on the overexposed parts is caused by the effect of halation of CineStill, as this is movie film stock with the remjet layer removed.

View attachment 197161
Maybe it’s partially the composition and brighter exposure, but I much prefer the film version! 👍

rmueller

I am going through some strange times personally at the moment and sometimes photography comes to the rescue to make things look a bit brighter.
The series here was shot within 4-5 hours on a walk at the river port of Rhine in Mannheim, Germany which is considered one of the most important inland ports in Europe. There is activity going on 24/7 with containers moving around all the time and BASF, a giant chemical corporation contributing to the overall activity on the other side of the river.

All images are shot with the Hasselblad 905 SWC and on Kodak Ektachrome 100, a film I learn to appreciate more and more. Also, it is such a pleasure seeing MF slides on the light table when they are coming back from the lab. It is similar to the experience of seeing a black and white image develop in the dark room IMO.

Anyway, comments very much welcome.

Kind Regards,
Ralf

IMG_0694.jpeg

RM_MA_01.jpg

RM_MA_02.jpg

RM_MA_03.jpg

RM_MA_04.jpg

RM_MA_05.jpg

RM_MA_06.jpg