The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Fun with MF images 2021

Joe Colson

I've lived in Chicago and the surrounding area for over 30+ years now, but haven't done a tour of Wrigley Field until today. Ran into a fellow medium format photographer from Indiana, we talked Fuji GF and Hasselblad X systems while hanging out in the Cubs dugout!

GFX 100S and GF 32-64.

GX1S1017 by Brandon Harris, on Flickr

GX1S1033 by Brandon Harris, on Flickr

GX1S1072 by Brandon Harris, on Flickr

GX1S1074 by Brandon Harris, on Flickr

GX1S1053 by Brandon Harris, on Flickr
Brandon, excellent b&w treatment of a subject made for b&w. I love it. And having lived in the Chicago area for 15 years, I'm still a Cubs fan. Which "recipe" did you use? One of the Fuji film emulations?

Joe

vieri

I love the surreal feeling created by the use of long exposures in the landscape, as well as the compositional power they provide in terms of the ability to create leading lines out of nowhere. Here two images from the coasts of Brittany, in France, a destination I really love and I can't wait to go back to in early November!

Hasselblad X1D II, XCD 21mm, 81 seconds exposure

Hasselblad X1D II, XCD 21mm, 512 seconds exposure.

Thanks for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

nameBrandon

Brandon, excellent b&w treatment of a subject made for b&w. I love it. And having lived in the Chicago area for 15 years, I'm still a Cubs fan. Which "recipe" did you use? One of the Fuji film emulations?
Thanks Joe! Shot in RAW, and using Capture One then applied the Acros profile.,. Usually Acros+G or Acros+R.. then brought into photoshop, where I used Lumenzia to do contrast curves on a set of dark / mid / light tone luminosity masks. Some minor dodging and burning on a couple to help direct the viewer's eye.

Joe Colson

Brandon, thanks for the detail. I had not heard of Lumenzia and had to do a Google search. Looks interesting. I have use the Tony Kuyper luminosity masking panels in the past but have been lazy lately.

Joe

nameBrandon

Brandon, thanks for the detail. I had not heard of Lumenzia and had to do a Google search. Looks interesting. I have use the Tony Kuyper luminosity masking panels in the past but have been lazy lately.
Yep, the TK panel is another popular one. One of the reasons I like Lumenzia is that there's a pretty active FB group where the author participates, so easy to get questions answered and to learn tips/tricks. I'm pretty lazy myself, it's very powerful stuff, but I mostly end up using it for doing those contrast curves limited to specific 'zones' of the image, as opposed to an overall global contrast cruve.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I was trying out a new technique - holding the camera at different heights. I was walking around with a RRS 1 series holding it up over my head with the camera on 2 second delay. Don't know why I'm saying that, because THIS shot was at eye level. The billionaire abominations in midtown. The one on the right is taller than the Empire State Building. I usually go for B&W, but the color and lighting was perfect as is. Leica S3, S24mm.

Untitled by Matthew Grayson, on Flickr

dave.gt

What a relaxing week this has been.:)

No more landscaping or house cleaning, as I am finally caught up! :)

This evening I sat down and processed my first image in awhile, and more await. I am in no hurry now.

In fact, in the morning I will take an early walk just because. Then a mocha will set the tone for the first Saturday this year without stress.

What a concept! :)

For now... I can savor this one image from yesterday.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
White Rose Bud 2 by Leica S July 2021FINAL 12x12.jpg

nameBrandon

Alright all - trying something interesting - I keep getting ads for Prism FX filters - and decided to try some glimmerglass, and Cinebloom filters for fun around the house :)

View attachment 186771View attachment 186772View attachment 186773

All on a phase one IQ140 and DF+ body :) Enjoy!

-Rich
Cool effect.. I use a Pro Mist 1/4 on my little Fuji X100V which gives a similar look. I've found larger, softer back-lit sources to make for some reall nice results.

jng

Fog Waves
P_07_24_2021_1240_30-FrameShop.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 350 Tele-Superachromat + APO1.4XE | f/16 | 30s Automated Frame Average​

I'm not entirely sure about this one, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Against my better judgment, I went out in the middle of a warm day as the fog was doing something interesting over the bay. Among other issues, the image is a bit out of focus, although the shimmering heat waves basically rendered this moot. Still, I like how the fog appears to spill over and around the distant hills.

John