The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

JoelM

I've shared other photos of the Orion Nebula pictured here but this is the first taken with the XF/IQ4150 attached to my Takahashi telescope. The basic photo is stitched from two frames and then cropped. Most of the red ionized hydrogen gas in the surrounding area was photographed separately with a monochrome astronomy camera using a hydrogen-alpha filter. This is a target I keep returning to as I try to find the perfect balance between what we can see with our eyes and what the camera can see.

It took a bit of doing to get the XF attached. I ended up using a Takahashi Pentax 67 adapter and then a Pentax 67 to Mamiya adapter. I do get a little vignetting but it is corrected using a LCC in Capture One.

View attachment 181785

View attachment 181786
Very nice work, Craig. I had a Takahashi FSQ when they first came out and along with all of the Takahashis I have had, the focus draw is terribly short. Glad you found a way to make it work, it isn't always easy!
Joel

P. Chong

High Rise public housing project by the Housing and Development Board. Kallang Trivista was completed in May 2016. The project has 808 units spread across three residential blocks standing at 26 to 30 storeys. There are 99 Studio Apartments/2-room Flexi1, 168 3-room, 431 4-room and 110 5-room flats. Singapore is a rather expensive country, and typical pricing of these flats which range from SGD 620k to SGD 1.1M for units of about 750 sf to 1050 sf in gross floor area.

kallang-trivista.jpg

Hasselblad H3D-39 with HCD 4/28. BW and raw convesion in Phocus. Photographed from the 15th story of the block across the road.

Kinya28

Carneros, Sonoma, California

Mountains and farmlands are rapidly turning green in Northern California after good amount of rain in last few weeks. Though I couldn't find a scene I was looking for, I was fortunate to find this typical spring vineyard scene from parking lot of winery.

PhaseOne IQ4-150/ Cambo-WRS1600/ SK120mm/ Focus Stacked/ Shifted
P0002051m-5x4.jpg

jng

Year of the Ox
P02_17_2021_0330_1m20s, AFA_2-FrameShop_1.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 350 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 1m20s, Automated Frame Average​

It is the first week of the lunar new year, the Year of the Ox. I finally managed to get out this evening to take in the sunset and twilight over San Francisco. Xin Nian Kuai Le - Happy New Year!

John