The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

Arne Hvaring

All along the southern coast of Norway one finds small villages with white-painted houses. Except in Egersund. Its claim to fame is, or rather was, the production of fine porcelain, much of which is collectors items today. But the smoke from the brown clay used caused discoloration of the houses, so people started to paint them in strong colours trying to hide the effect.

GFX 100, 32-64mm lens.

HotelEg.jpg

Mexecutioner

Lately it has been hard to find inspiration, but I made a commitment to document every single crop we have from the yard and garden.

These Haas avocados are from my favorite tree. I planted it 6 years ago and it has grown like crazy. When it was small it required a lot of care as the summer temperatures are more than the tree can handle. I did a time-lapse video of the yard to trace the sun path and installed a sail to shade it for most of the day. I did this for 3 years in the summer until it finally was big enough to handle it. It still sustains some damage when the temperatures go above 110 degrees, and it is so big now it is not possible to cover it. The fruits are sublime, creamy, buttery pieces of goodness and well worth the effort.

We have another smaller avocado tree, a Fuerte, that we basically have so the Haas gets pollinated, but I think this year it will start bearing fruit too.

My Lovers Garden0904 MASTER copy.jpg

IQ4150 / XF / 120 BR

Mexecutioner

I am starting another project that I have called "Found Objects", where I will be documenting objects I find aesthetically pleasing. These objects will have to be found with no effort and cannot be a product of any search, just random things I find during my walks, like this dried out leaf from a Magnolia tree.

Found Objects0883 MASTER copy.jpg

IQ4150 / XF / 120 BR

Greg Haag

Lately it has been hard to find inspiration, but I made a commitment to document every single crop we have from the yard and garden.

These Haas avocados are from my favorite tree. I planted it 6 years ago and it has grown like crazy. When it was small it required a lot of care as the summer temperatures are more than the tree can handle. I did a time-lapse video of the yard to trace the sun path and installed a sail to shade it for most of the day. I did this for 3 years in the summer until it finally was big enough to handle it. It still sustains some damage when the temperatures go above 110 degrees, and it is so big now it is not possible to cover it. The fruits are sublime, creamy, buttery pieces of goodness and well worth the effort.

We have another smaller avocado tree, a Fuerte, that we basically have so the Haas gets pollinated, but I think this year it will start bearing fruit too.

View attachment 182306

IQ4150 / XF / 120 BR
Rodrigo, beautiful job of both growing and photographing! I have a hard time getting enough potassium, avocado's are one of my favorite ways to help with that.