The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

Greg Haag

Sunrise today at Twenty Mule Canyon in Death Valley. The hard truth I learned here is I am out of shape, especially when it comes to steep elevations, only about a quarter of a mile up a really steep grade but wow!

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 180mm 6 image two row pano

Death Valley twenty mule canyon pano 6.jpg

Last edited:

dchew

Sunrise today at Twenty Mule Canyon in Death Valley. The hard truth I learned here is I am out of shape, especially when it comes to steep elevations, only about a quarter of a mile up a really steep grade but wow!

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 180mm 6 image two row panoView attachment 182551
Greg,
That extreme altitude will take your breath away every time. :rolleyes:

Dave

Kinya28

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 180mm 6 image two row panoView attachment 182551
Greg,

Love soft colors and lights. I've been here a few times but never successfully captured like this.

Kinya

Ed Hurst

Narrabeen Lagoon (northern beaches of Sydney) at sunset...
I have been trying to nail this location for years and still haven't! Last week, one evening looked like a perfect opportunity - nice, textured high cloud, clearer skies near the western horizon, the sun setting at the right angle for this composition, etc. etc.. But, yet again, I was stymied by conditions. The colours were just building as the sun was setting when it suddenly died - there must have been some cloud over the western horizon that I couldn't see. Anyway, I hung on and did this shot about 30 mins after sunset - when some colour returned; with some processing, I've made something of it - but I still consider it unfinished business. One day, I want the perfect sunset here and then I can just forget about it!

Funny how some shots just taunt you for years, where as others are easy... It's always been that way.

Pentax 645Z with 25mm DA lens
Narrabeen Lagoon at sunset by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

tsjanik

Very windy on Lake Erie today. Many waterfowl use the local harbor as a refuge; I believe this is a Lesser Scaup. The normally calm water of the inner harbor had a fascinating texture from the 40 mph winds, highlighted by the backlighting from the sun. 645Z, 400mm FA; heavy crop._IMG3736 copy2 copy.jpg

P. Chong

Capitol Theaters is one of the old school venues which played a part of the dating scene for many of us growing up here. Built in the 1930s, the style of the building is an eclectic neoclassical style. After WWII, the building was renovated, And declared a heritage site in the 1990s. Redeveloped and reopened in 2018 with adjacent building and land into the Capitol Kempinski Hotel. Hasselblad H3D-39 with HCD 4/28.

capitol_1.jpg

Greg Haag

This morning was kind of a good news/bad news morning. I went out in Death Valley to photograph the mud tiles at sunrise, it was dark and I walked past them to the east and went about 1/2 mile too far. The good news is I had an amazing sunrise, the bad news is no real foreground subject. The second picture is what I intended to have as my foreground. It was still a great morning, got to watch an amazing sunrise and spend another morning with my daughter.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32mm 3 image stitch

mud tiles pano b.jpg

mud tiles.jpg

diforbes

This morning was kind of a good news/bad news morning. I went out in Death Valley to photograph the mud tiles at sunrise, it was dark and I walked past them to the east and went about 1/2 mile too far. The good news is I had an amazing sunrise, the bad news is no real foreground subject. The second picture is what I intended to have as my foreground. It was still a great morning, got to watch an amazing sunrise and spend another morning with my daughter.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32mm 3 image stitch

View attachment 182574

View attachment 182575
Very glad to hear that the trip is going well!