The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

Stephen, it is very unusual and presents some great opportunities for photographers. However, it is has the lowest point in North America and is not really where you want to be during our summer months. Apparently, in July of 2018 it averaged 108 degrees for the month with daytime highs reaching 127 degrees four days in a row.
I visited DVNP on a summer day two years ago on the way to the eastern sierras. The high was 123 F or thereabouts. It was so hot that 1) when I hiked, I didn’t sweat because it evaporated immediately; 2) the cold water at Furnace Creek was so hot that taking a shower was extremely challenging as it was way too hot; and 3) the AC only managed to get the room temperature in the cabin down to about 90-95 degrees.

Greg Haag

I visited DVNP on a summer day two years ago on the way to the eastern sierras. The high was 123 F or thereabouts. It was so hot that 1) when I hiked, I didn’t sweat because it evaporated immediately; 2) the cold water at Furnace Creek was so hot that taking a shower was extremely challenging as it was way too hot; and 3) the AC only managed to get the room temperature in the cabin down to about 90-95 degrees.
Oh my goodness Jacob, I dont think I would have slept a wink!

Reactions: spb

spb

Staff member
Arne, nice image. Hw are you liking the 45/4P lens? This was one of the reasons I gave up on Hasselblad, the unavailability of the 45/4P here in Switzerland. My dealer had two, but they were sent back before I had even seen them, as they had issues. That plus the fact before I got the Control grip I nearly dropped the camera several times through not being used to the shape without an inbuilt grip.

Arne Hvaring

Tank you Stephen. Like you I had to wait for months to get the XCD 45p. But I already had the GFX 100 so the wait was bearable :) As for the lens, I have only praise; sharp, light and relatively cheap. The shape of the body fits well to my hand, but I found it to be a tad too short. Installing a RRS camera plate solved that problem. Now also my little finger gets a good grip as the plate follows the body contour.
Here is another shot with the 45p

Mule.jpg

spb

Staff member
Tank you Stephen. Like you I had to wait for months to get the XCD 45p. But I already had the GFX 100 so the wait was bearable :) As for the lens, I have only praise; sharp, light and relatively cheap. The shape of the body fits well to my hand, but I found it to be a tad too short. Installing a RRS camera plate solved that problem. Now also my little finger gets a good grip as the plate follows the body contour.
Here is another shot with the 45p

View attachment 183505
I liked very much Phocus - I thought the integration with camera and iPad as well as Mac was superb. I have the GFX 100S and GF50mm lens. I do like lenses with aperture rings. I also cannot do without a viewfinder as the lenses I normally use are not wide-angle apart from the GF 30mm for some shots.