The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

dave.gt

Maybe a multi-day medium format time lapse is called for, next year ? ;-)
Haha! 😎

I have been so busy recovering from a severe back issue and still working around the clock that I haven't had much time for anything else. But that is an idea! I finally replaced most of our Hybrid Tea roses, built an arbor with picket fencing and numerous small landscape projects. A drainage issue and a privacy fence are all that remain for the Spring cleanup. So now I can begin to plan on some photography. Multi-year, multi-MF, and multi-motif photo essay.

Might be a good idea!!!

Ed Hurst

Sorry to hear about your back issue, Dave. Judging by your list of activities, it sounds like it might have improved a little... Here's hoping!

dave.gt

Spring to me is most beautiful when the cherry trees blossom!:):):)

Where were these images from? They seem familiar somehow and they are gorgeous.

D&A

Joe wrote (above) >>>> "Dave, you captured a very beautiful scene. Thanks for sharing. I was born in Washington, DC and fondly remember the Tidal Basin in the spring and picnics at Hains Point. That was a long, long time ago and my memories are fading fast. Your recent photos have stimulated some dormant brain cells and put a smile on my face."<<<<

Joe

Joe, your very thoughtful and kind words were extremely moving, thank you and for myself personally, took on a particular significance. These are of course my own personal thoughts and I hope I'm not being to philosophical in a posting here and that's it's inappropriate. Most everyone experiences many events and occasions throughout life, some small, some large, some happy and some sad, often taking on a particular significance in their life. Quite often its the little things that evoke the happiest thoughts, as life, regardless of the path we take, is comprised of the memories we have acquired. It's those remembrances, especially as we all get older, that take on a greater importance of what we value and photography is but one way we record those memories. If we're lucky, a few of our images might capture a memory for someone else too.

Thanks for sharing yours of Hains Point in Washington D.C. I hadn't realize you grew up in the Nations Capitol. Hains Point and it's park has been a special place for the city and local community for many years. It's enjoyed by people from all walks of life, from cyclists (like myself), to young families with growing children, to family gatherings and picnics with their grandchildren and to the younger generation of student gatherings with cookouts and summer nights around the fire. Even wintertime draws those seeking the newly fallen snow and the beautiful scenes of the nearby waterway and boats. Like Hains Point, the Tidal Basin also represents a sort of different "coming together"...not only generations of families experiencing it this time of year, but people from all parts of the world, especially during pre pandemic times. Like the various ages of the Cherry Blossom Trees Pictured "above", these places represent a gathering of different generations, all coexisting and thriving, even when there are times of adversity and difficulty interspersed. As for brain cells, if I had half as many as you have, I'd be a very smart person. :) Here's to all of us in creating new memories, whatever and wherever they might be.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: