The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

spb

Staff member

as there was report on petapixel about the sandstorm, i contributed a bit with this image as well, beijing was hit by one of the strongest sandstorm in decades, i woke up and couldnt believe my eyes.
contax645 with 35mm and p65+ back
What a sight to behold too!

dj may

Really nice image. You should print it and put it on the wall.
Thank you. That is the plan. I just returned from several days in Saas-Almagell, so this is new. Typically, I wait and make many small adjustments until I am satisfied for printing.

Kinya28

Hi Ed,

Thanks again! I was actually debating whether to shoot from the Headlands this morning but had my heart set on capturing the setting full moon. And this location is less than 5 minutes from my house so laziness before sunrise generally wins. This was the first low fog event in a few months so I really was tempted. Let me know the next time you make it out here and I’ll show you some of my secret spots! And best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery!

John
John,
Great image.
Call me up for your next outing over the fog!
Kinya

jng

John,
Great image.
Call me up for your next outing over the fog!
Kinya
Thanks, Kinya! Will do! As you know, the fog can arrive pretty quickly and unannounced although there are many other great opportunities for shooting around here, especially when others are still sleeping or having dinner!

John

dave.gt

The next image... that is my passion. To see, really see, and craft an image of what I see is the fun of photography for me.

So on a Friday night, while many people around me have no roof over their head or even a home after the EF4 tornado roared past our little home, and amidst a pandemic that is still raging around the globe, I am very limited in being able to get to "the next image".

So, I look back and enjoy previous "next images", even those that are documentary.

Local Covered Bridge (with the ubiquitous muddy creek).

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Red Oak Creek and Covered Bridge Span FINAL Lo Res S006.jpg

Mexecutioner

as there was report on petapixel about the sandstorm, i contributed a bit with this image as well, beijing was hit by one of the strongest sandstorm in decades, i woke up and couldnt believe my eyes.
contax645 with 35mm and p65+ back
Damn, looks just like here in LA last summer with all the fires.

vieri

These days, it is very popular to show the fire side of Iceland, for those lucky enough to be able to travel there to photograph the new volcano. Being hard for me to travel there now, I thought I’d show the icy side of it with a couple of images from my archives.

236 sec, f/11, Hasselblad X1D, XCD 21mm

1.4 sec, f/16, Hasselblad X1D II, Voigtlander 15mm

Thank you for viewing & commenting, best regards

Vieri

darr

Hasselblad 503CX + 180/4 CFi + CFV II 50C

--

Loving all the tree images!! 😍
Next week I am due for a getaway and hopefully I'll come back with some blooming trees.
At my window every Spring beginning are my tiny fairy iris. They bloom for a few days and then disappear until the next Spring.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Darr

PS: Here's to a new beginning on 4-3-21 🚀

Last edited:

Kinya28

Little Finland Part1, Gold Butte National Monument, NV

I recently found this location and visited without much information. It turned out to be a wonderland for photographer.
As you can see, red rock formations are delicate yet dynamic.

It took less than 3 hours of drive from Las Vegas, though it is a bit challenging road condition.
Stayed over night and found very few people at here.

It is definitely worth my second visit sometime soon.
Fuji GFX100s/ Laowa17mm/ 32-64mm/ 23mm/ Focus Stacked
_DSF0974m.jpg_DSF0839m2.jpg_DSF1041m.jpg

Last edited:

dave.gt

Hasselblad 503CX + 180/4 CFi + CFV II 50C

--

Loving all the tree images!! 😍
Next week I am due for a getaway and hopefully I'll come back with some blooming trees.
At my window every Spring beginning are my tiny fairy iris. They bloom for a few days and then disappear until the next Spring.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Darr

PS: Here's to a new beginning on 4-3-21 🚀
Darr,

My Mom loved Iris flowers. She would grow as many as she physically could and frequently cut them and deliver them to the ladies in our church who were elderly, sick or in need of company. I will never forget those acts of kindness she enjoyed.

Other flowers, including roses were given away as well. I don't recall how she did it, being physically unwell for the last 10 years of her life.

I have carried those mental images with me all these years. And recently, my sister handed down her collection of poems written and typed for future generations. I found in them many references of her caring for others with the simple grace of gifting her flowers from her humble garden.

Imagine how surprised I have been to find myself doing the much the same, starting right here in our home and sharing images with others.

Thank you for sharing yours.:):):)

Btw, Spring beauty sure does disappear quickly if one is not paying attention, right?;)