The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

vjbelle

Its a beautiful view from there Victor, I stood at almost that exact spot about 30 days ago! We really enjoyed Cannon Beach.
Yes.... very different from Bandon or Gold Beach. All of the Portland money feeds Cannon Beach and the result is a plus for the traveler. The fog inversion was so bad at Gold Beach that I decided to come back to Cannon Beach and 'REAL' civilization. I'm here for another two nights.

I would, for sure, stay at Cannon Beach again.

Victor B.

Last edited:

jng

Low Fog Event
P04_18_2021_0783_DE+_3_16x9_v3-FrameShop_1.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Rodie 40HR | f/11 | Dual Exposure+​

I got up at some ridiculous hour this morning to catch the early morning light at Rodeo Beach but was greeted with a beautiful (and somewhat elusive) "low fog event" upon arriving at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge on the way to the coast. Quick change of plans and a short hike later landed me at the not-so-secret location where the Transamerica Building lines up within the upper "window" of the bridge's north tower (hopefully you can see this by zooming in a bit). This image was captured just as the sun rose from behind the hills to the east and bathed the fog with a warm glow. The sounding of the fog horns in the background was magical.

John

orftoden

First time sharing in this thread--here it goes.

Attached are two images I took while testing out my new GFX 100s paired with my trusty Arca-Swiss M-line 2. The top image was made with a Rodenstock 60mm f/4 HR Digaron-S, iso 100, 1/8s at f/8. The bottom image was made with a Rodenstock 100mm f/5.6 HR Digaron-S lens iso 100, 1/10s at f/8. Enjoy! DSCF0069.jpgUntitled-1.jpg

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Greetings from the Oregon Coast. I started this trip at the North and plan to travel to the South end of Oregon. This image was one I really had to search for as I had seen it once but with no directions. I shot this numerous times and then started my trip back to Cannon Beach when I thought to myself that it would really look nice with a 'Stopper' influence. I turned the car around and shot again and am glad I did.
It’s a great location - if you stay at the Cannery Pier Hotel you can literally fall out of bed and wander down the causeway to shoot that location. I agree that the super-stopper effect with the water works well. Glad also to see that they finally finished the work on the bridge too because that section was covered in tarp for quite a while.