The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

Thorkil

Thorkil,
Thank you for the informative video. As you say it seems quite civilized and safe. I participated in a deer culling event at Montezuma National wildlife refuge at the north end of Cayuga Lake one time many years ago when I used to hunt deer with bow and arrow. It was a chaotic, badly organized event and very dangerous with untrained hunters shooting arrows indiscriminately through the trees with no regard for the safety of others around them. I stayed for less than an hour and left, thankful that I wasn't killed.
Best regards,
Carl
Carl, yes that sounds uncivilized and very dangerous. Glad you left. When keeping the numbers down one has to do it skilled, professional, precise and as quiet as possible. Luckily they now use silencers, and it all make no fuss and is almost unnoticed.
Kind regards
Thorkil

Last edited:

scho

Some of Cornell's recent grads were lucky to have a beautiful, sunny Memorial day to walk around the arboretum ponds with their parents and friends before leaving the area. All with the Fujifilm GFX 100s and 80/1.7

Houston pond 2 shot stitch

River Birch 3 shot stitch. click for full size.

Dog walkers take notice! I guess dog poop is not good fertilizer for flower gardens.o_O

Last edited:

Thorkil

Very much like the English painter Constable! Lovely shot.
Bill
Thank you Bill !
I had to get some help from Google about Constable, and I can see what you mean :).
Just passing by I expected the deer to fly away, while being rather close, but they were calm and in harmony, so just rushed the camera up.
Only when I got home I realized it reminded me a bit of the spirit in the pictures the famous (at least in Denmark) “golden age” painter Johan Thomas Lundbye (1818-1848, yes died in a war accident only 30 years old), of which I was a huge fan from I was teenager and up. Right now there will be a Lundbye-festival in Denmark this summer and a photocontest inspired by the Golden Age painters universe..
https://lundbyekunstfestival.dk/

scho

Couple of garden shots using the Canon EF 16-35 f/4L II at 28mm. Kipon AF adapter. AF is usually OK, but there are times that focus is away off or just refuses to focus at all. I am hoping to see a new zoom from Fuji with a comparable focal range.