The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

vjbelle

From my trip to Page Arizona. This was my first trip to the North Rim and I wish I could have spent more time there but I managed to do something to my back which limited my time to the area. I lost the last day.....

Fuji 100s, 80mm lens.

Victor B.

_DSF1240.jpg

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Classic scene and well done! It strikes me as quite the dream location of simple living. But the actual location is probably remote and not a real possibility for most. Simple living may not be so simple, and I suppose.

Beautiful image that evokes memories of a lot of places. Thanks for sharing.:)
Thank you, Dave. It is fairly remote, accessible by a poor, narrow gravel road and a 20 minute walk. I really wanted to have a cloudy sky and I shall go back to get one! You're right about simple living though - the adjacent outdoor privy would have been no fun on a cold snowy day!

scho

I've been alternating between my Canon 24mm TSE, 16-35 f/4 L, and Contax 28mm Distagon for wide angle on the GFX 100s. Also waiting to see if Fuji introduces a GF wide angle zoom this summer (a 20-45 would be nice) before buying the GF 23. Meanwhile here is another Canon 24 TSE shot on the GFX 100s. This was shot at ISO 3200 so processed through DXO PL4.3 to take advantage of DeepPrime noise reduction.

jng

Mt. Tam Sunset
P06_05_2021_1058_59_DE_stitch_2-FrameShop.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | SK120 ASPH | f/11 | Dual Exposure+ | +/- 20mm 2-image stitch​

I'm still only shooting locally but this time from a new location, courtesy of a friend of a friend who's very familiar with the area around Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County, California. This image was taken from one of Mt. Tam's two peaks, which offers a stunning 360 degree view that includes San Francisco to the south, the East Bay to the, well, east, Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties to the north, and the coastline to the north and west. Here one can see the sun setting over Bolinas Ridge and the marine layer on the Pacific Ocean in the distance. I think Pt. Reyes is somewhere just to the left of the sun, buried underneath the thick marine layer.

John

scho

I put an old Hasselblad V 180/4 Sonnar on the GFX 100s via a dumb FotoDiox adapter and took a series of shots in the garden. We jumped up into the 90's today so this heat wave will probably finish off the iris bloom that was so nice this year. All at f/16 on a tripod.

darr

Mt. Tam Sunset
View attachment 185662
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | SK120 ASPH | f/11 | Dual Exposure+ | +/- 20mm 2-image stitch​

I'm still only shooting locally but this time from a new location, courtesy of a friend of a friend who's very familiar with the area around Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County, California. This image was taken from one of Mt. Tam's two peaks, which offers a stunning 360 degree view that includes San Francisco to the south, the East Bay to the, well, east, Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties to the north, and the coastline to the north and west. Here one can see the sun setting over Bolinas Ridge and the marine layer on the Pacific Ocean in the distance. I think Pt. Reyes is somewhere just to the left of the sun, buried underneath the thick marine layer.

John
Simply breathtaking, John!! 🌟

• Thanks
Reactions: jng

vieri

Hey guys! Finally we can travel again around Europe with not too much hassle, and I can't wait to go back to Iceland in September as my first international trip after Covid forced me to stay in Italy for pretty much all the second half of 2020!

In the meantime, here are two favourite spots of mine in Iceland, photographs from 2019 & 2020 respectively:

Seljalandsfoss at sunrise, 2 seconds, X1D & XCD 21mm

Reynisdrangar at sunset, 5 seconds, X1D II & XCD 45mm

Thanks for viewing & commenting! Have a great week, best regards

Vieri

Last edited:

etrump

Incredible shots Vieri! I went to Iceland three times in 2019 caught the weather bad all three trips. I had either no light or no clouds. :)

Your images make me want to go back and try again.

Hey guys! Finally we can travel again around Europe with not too much hassle, and I can't wait to go back to Iceland in September as my first international trip after Covid forced me to stay in Italy for pretty much all the second half of 2020!

In the meantime, here are two favourite spots of mine in Iceland, photographs from 2019 & 2020 respectively:

Seljalandsfoss at sunrise, 2 seconds, X1D & XCD 21mm

Reynisdrangar at sunset, 5 seconds, X1D II & XCD 45mm

Thanks for viewing & commenting! Have a great week, best regards

Vieri