The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

vieri

Incredible shots Vieri! I went to Iceland three times in 2019 caught the weather bad all three trips. I had either no light or no clouds. :)

Your images make me want to go back and try again.
Thank you very much Ed, that's truly very kind of you to say! :) Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the weather, I always go in winter so no clouds is very rarely happening :D No light, on the other hand, is not totally unknown to me in Iceland! :DI can't wait to go back, I never have enough of Iceland and I am looking forward to going there both in September and in December, this year. Will be nice to see the country with a little less cold weather.

Best regards,

Vieri

anyone

Look so chilled and relaxed! How do you enjoy shooting this combo btw?
Thank you! Southern Germany has many nice and calm corners with meadows, hills, and forests. I enjoy going for extended walks and hikes there.

The Hasselblad 500C/M is a very nice camera to work with, and the lenses are to my taste also very good on the 60mp back. Even though the workflow is slower than with modern cameras, I find it still reasonably fast due to the infinity stops of the lenses. Recommended!

Ed Hurst

Bit of a project this one! Sydney by night.

Some of you may remember an image like this being posted by me last year. It was already a composite because the road in this scene isn't clear like this - there are overhead gantry signs etc. in the way - so I took the image and added a road / traffic trail scene taken elsewhere in Sydney. But, being me, I felt it would look better with proper star trails above the city skyline. So, back I went recently to shoot that scene. So what we have here is a composite of 1) the wide city scene 2) the road and traffic trails 3) the buildings/skyline/star trails put together. I find it pleasing but would never hold this up as one of my more naturalistic images :)

Pentax 645Z with 28-45 lens
StarTrailsFromFiles_IMG8642-9999And0001-1455Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr