The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

vjbelle

I took this back in 2017 and may have posted an image then but am working on it again and wanted to get a reaction. Taken with my Phase 3100, Actus and Schneider 60mm XL. Even though the Schneider lens has a large image circle I knew that double movements would be pushing the lens so I decided to get maximum rise and pan for the horizontal. Two images in portrait position were taken to make this 4X3 image.

Taken in the Dolomites with the town of Ortesei on the left where I stayed for the duration of my trip.

Victor B.

4547_48.jpg

Last edited:

nameBrandon

Had to track down this fancy new thread, I see the old one got archived recently.. Good to see so many still active and sharing. Picked up the GFX 100S before a trip to my wife's family cabin last week, and rented a number of lenses to evaluate. Still editing the proper landscape images but happy to report the 100S works well as a very overpriced family shooter..!

nameBrandon

Welcome back, Brandon. I hope the GFX100S is a keeper!

John
Howdy John! Thanks, and me too! I miss some of the Hassy color science but I think the film simulations add an interesting option in that department. The sharpness / resolution is certainly there!

anyone

Howdy John! Thanks, and me too! I miss some of the Hassy color science but I think the film simulations add an interesting option in that department. The sharpness / resolution is certainly there!
I see, you came back to the medium format world, the dark side of photography (at least for the wallet... ) :D

nameBrandon

I see, you came back to the medium format world, the dark side of photography (at least for the wallet... ) :D
Yes, Dante's grip is relentless.. Once one has been exposed to the detail / tonality possible in MF it's hard to go back. I thought I'd be happy with the Sony A7RIV and getting 80% of the way there with full frame, but I was not.

Now for some more storage..

Craig Stocks

For the science nerds who still enjoy a little gratuitous sensuality... The model was photographed in my studio in Utah with my XF/IQ4150. The Lagoon Nebula photographed from my backyard using a dedicated astronomy camera and specific filters that isolate the hydrogen (red) and oxygen (blue). The astro camera is 35mm full frame but has the same pixel size and pitch as the IQ4150 so it's easy to combine photos from the two systems.Kiesha - LagoodTrifid 15Ha 24Oiii RGB 300s DSS&FITS Starless V3.jpg

vjbelle

2021-07-09 14-26-16 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4).jpgJust fooling around since I do no traveling in the summer so just a lot of Vincas planted in one of our hardscape spaces. A manual stack with the 100s and 50mm. I was able to retouch in Helicon to blur the background by retouching the final image with the first image which had the most blurred background. It just gives the final image a little pop.

Cheers.......

Victor B.